Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tire System Fault - won't go away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:45 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by irish07
No prob, Same page..
I myself have never heard of this working, even on this form and others..I've actually got involved with a lot of cases that this rumor of "it works"..and it didn't, clients have paid some nice bills for this rumor..I do know the system inside out now from all these past cases

There is nothing damaged..hehe just missing parts to the system at this present time as your car sits(the tpms sensors in the wheels). You can however get the sensors installed into the new wheels(remove from the other wheels and install into new wheels, or buy 4 new ones at around $200 each and fit/program them)..just make sure you get the correct sensor to the correct position it was removed from(LHF to LHF..if original they are color coded to help) ..then hope the ID's are still stored in the TPMS module(which I doubt being the power was disconnected..but anything is possible) ..with the sensors removed the ID #'s can be recorded down on paper and then calibrated with the dealers AMDS(there scan tool)..this is the only way of fixing your tpms light concern..or option B which is cheap: piece of tape over the light and msg display ..hehe j/k ..wish there was more options but there isn't when upgrading wheels
Thanks for the detailed information. It looks like I have to get the TPMS installed or try and do what another board member did, was unplug the TPMS module when the OEM wheels were working, then installed the aftermarket are fixed. The question is if I get the TPMS installed into the new wheels will I have to go to the dealer to get the module programmed? Keeping in mind I will probably buy after market TPMS, not OEM aston martin (too much $).

Originally Posted by Aston Curious
Anyone ever tried these ones? They advertise compatibility with a variety of recent model Astons (and there is at least one recent + feedback from an Aston owner who bought them via eBay).
What about these, wouldn't these work:
Amazon Amazon

They are from anoter forum on TPMS.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
stupid question? is it possible to simply just disconect the smartire module and in some way let it not trigger the yellow lamp on the dash? I want to change tyres and would like to fit standard valves amv8indc has suggested?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Just disconnecting it results in the dash error. Here's a link that describes a wiring "fix" that lets you disable it entirely: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...g+Schematic%3F

Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yvr
Just disconnecting it results in the dash error. Here's a link that describes a wiring "fix" that lets you disable it entirely: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...g+Schematic%3F
heres the cut and paste from the link

So here's the deal to extinguish the dash messages:

1) Disconnect the TPMS at the connector block under the dash (white connector).

2) Identify the 4 wires on the car-side of the harness: these should be red, white, black and blue/red.
Blue/red is 12V switched power
Black is ground
Red is the TPMS system fault line
White is the tyre low pressure fault line

3) At the car-side connector half, short the black, red and white pins together, using whatever technique you are comfortable with. This will tell the dash warning system that everything is OK with the TPMS and that none of the tyres are underpressure.

Myself, I just cut the mating connector pigtail off the back of the TPMS module (in the middle of its length), cut the sheath back, and then twisted together the Orange, Brown and Black wires, leaving the Red power wire untouched. Since I don't particularly like soldering because of the chance of getting a cold solder joint, I just used a small wire nut to twist the 3 wires together. If I ever want to use the TPMS system again, I can undo the nut and splice the connector back on to the TPMS pigtail. Then I just plugged the connector back into the one on the car, and voila, no more dash warnings.

Just for clarity, the Orange wire on the TPMS side corresponds to the Red wire on the car-side of the connector. Brown corresponds to White, Black to Black, and Red to the Blue/Red, respectively.

If this isn't clear, let me know.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:18 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
mikes300 thank you are a god!

Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM
shadetree is on a distinguished road
TPMS fault light

If the rewire does not work, try removing the orange wire from the controller side of the connector and plug the harnesses together. Just worked on 07 V8 Vantage.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 PM
shadetree is on a distinguished road
TPMS Systems

Aston changed to a Beru system in 2011, and these are auto-learn systems. The earlier Smartire systems came in 2 flavors-with display(late) and without display(early). My tip is for the early system, as the later system can be reset at the display.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:58 PM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
Tpms

2007 V8V tpms sensors , 8yrs of life then they finally died (dead batteries) .
was getting the annoying fault flashing on the dash ,,didnt want to go thru the hassle pulling tires and expense of new sensors so tried just unplugging the smartire module under the dash .lo and behold the warning dissappeared, has never come back on since..good enough for me ??

Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 PM
bsh2013 is on a distinguished road
TPMS bypass

I have an 09 db9 and to bypass the smart tire, all you need to do is ground the yellow wire and also the red wire (NOT the red and black as this is the power supply to the smart tire system). once wires are grounded the light will disappear and not come back on.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:55 PM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikes300
heres the cut and paste from the link

So here's the deal to extinguish the dash messages:

1) Disconnect the TPMS at the connector block under the dash (white connector).

2) Identify the 4 wires on the car-side of the harness: these should be red, white, black and blue/red.
Blue/red is 12V switched power
Black is ground
Red is the TPMS system fault line
White is the tyre low pressure fault line

3) At the car-side connector half, short the black, red and white pins together, using whatever technique you are comfortable with. This will tell the dash warning system that everything is OK with the TPMS and that none of the tyres are underpressure.

Myself, I just cut the mating connector pigtail off the back of the TPMS module (in the middle of its length), cut the sheath back, and then twisted together the Orange, Brown and Black wires, leaving the Red power wire untouched. Since I don't particularly like soldering because of the chance of getting a cold solder joint, I just used a small wire nut to twist the 3 wires together. If I ever want to use the TPMS system again, I can undo the nut and splice the connector back on to the TPMS pigtail. Then I just plugged the connector back into the one on the car, and voila, no more dash warnings.

Just for clarity, the Orange wire on the TPMS side corresponds to the Red wire on the car-side of the connector. Brown corresponds to White, Black to Black, and Red to the Blue/Red, respectively.

If this isn't clear, let me know.
I just did this on my 2008 DBS. Snipped, stripped, spun them together, wrapped in electrical tape, plugged it back in and problem solved, problem staying solved. Now If I could just find a cheap way to do the brakes....

Thanks a lot, what a money and time saver!

Old 05-22-2016, 03:18 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
just unplugged mine Friday, no more lights. bought the tpms defeat but wondering if it's even necessary to plug that in at this point?

Old 08-21-2017, 12:56 PM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
Screws fell out of HANDMADE AM 2008 Vantage V8 TPMS receiver. Removed receiver (found i unplugged wrong end (black not white) Plugged back in. No lights on receiver and error code. Do you think a reset will work got to be cheaper than a used receiver @ $129. Item is no made so I'm stuck between rock and hard spot.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:14 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Had the same issue on a '16 Vanquish and all it needed was a software update to correct the issue. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:41 AM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
Thanks I'll try this PM. Found that Tire Systems that makes the system is out of business but I'll just disconnct. Pretty usless item when the tires are run-flats anyway . Frank

Old 08-23-2017, 08:46 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Get the Smartire disconnect lead from Redpants.lol (forum sponsor) and get rid of those heavy run-flat tires when you have the chance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire System Fault - won't go away