Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Service Costs Are Ridiculous

Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Aerome is on a distinguished road
Don't reject calling another dealer just because they're apparently owned by the same firm. There may be different partners. Each shop will have their own goals to meet.

As far as finding out if a shop will work on your AM, you may want to call (NOT EMAIL) and ask a few questions. Get a feel for the shop by the answers they give. I would think that your best bet would be a shop that has a good reputation with Jaguar service.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
I have a great Ind'y shop in Tampa - V8V is not a hrad car to work on .... reliability has been as good/better than any new/used Porsche I have ever owned; Main. costs are about the same and the Vantage can certainly be a daily driver
Can you please provide me info on Indy shop in tampa for aston Martin ?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:12 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wildcat1212
Can you please provide me info on Indy shop in tampa for aston Martin ?
I believe Mike was using a shop called C2 Designs (or C2 something or other). He isn't really on the forum anymore.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:33 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
This is an interesting thread to read. AM service costs are definitely less than Ferrari. I just figure it's the price of admission. I like the fact that someone who works on them all the time will be very thorough and know what to look for.

For those like me who've bought a several year old car, you have to keep in perspective, while the car depreciates massively, service costs are the same if the car were still brand new and worth $120+ k.

Also, the cars seem to be pretty reliable from all I've read, the second owner of my car who put on 20k of the 28k miles had no issues with it whatsoever. He just kept up the annual services. Also, looking back, I'm glad I got a car that had been driven (and serviced) rather than a 5k mile garage queen. As super low mileage is not enough mileage to see if the bugs are worked out before warranty expires.

Chris

Old 05-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CTP855
Because the car is exclusive, doesn't mean owners have to get hosed for service and repairs.

We all realize what the cost of admission is for an exotic car. And for most of us, servicing our Astons isn't going to break the bank. But, the fact that one has to pay $1500.00 for an oil change is absurd. I can understand a flat $500.00 for an oil change and inspection....but $1500, give me a break. Again, my point of view stems from being an auto mechanic at one time. I understand that owning an exotic car means paying more for service and repairs, but if they're going to charge me $1500 for an oil change, at least change all my fluids.

I have a neighbor who owns a Ferrari and I believe he paid $12000.00 for a tune-up....ouch! I suppose that bill makes my V8 Vantage look pale in comparison.

I agree!!!

After everything said and done i paid $575 for Annual Service 10k.(Oil & filter change, brake, tire, multi point vehicle inspections & comprehensive road tests)

Old 05-18-2014, 02:10 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
A good independent will save you 50+%. The key is to look for a good independent that works on Ferraris or Lamborghinis, from there your aston should be piece of cake relatively speaking.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
operative words are "good independent", in my neck of the woods, I don't have any. I suspect someone in the atlanta area but don't know of one as yet.

Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
A good independent will save you 50+%. The key is to look for a good independent that works on Ferraris or Lamborghinis, from there your aston should be piece of cake relatively speaking.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Really interesting thread... even though it's from 2011, lot's of perspectives here.

A big problem I'm noticing is that the dealerships have gotten arrogant and think that we'll pay for anything.

For example, the dealership told me my front strut had released a small amount of fluid and needed to be replaced. They wanted some absurd $$$$ for replacement. (enough to buy me KWIII coils!)

Now it's true, maybe in a year or two it will be noticeable, but the head tech was shocked when I told him not to replace it. I have a feeling they're not used to people saying no to costly repairs.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:18 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Because the Aston stereotype is a bunch of old farts that know zero about cars and have ATMs for wallets lol.

A good independent in Houston is Motorwerks. Also, I do some of my work to lamborghini dealerships (depending on how good your relationship is with service manager). A good exotics independent is best route tho.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:41 AM
AMChris is on a distinguished road
I have enjoyed everyones perspective on service for Aston Martins. Which is why I registered on here.

I just bought a 2005 DB9 and wondered if anyone knew of a good independent shop in the Chicago area. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:05 PM
AnhNamNgheo is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine the oil change is difficult in the VV8 or the DB9. Anyone have done the service on these vehicle before?
I plan to get a 09/10 Vantage v8 or 07 DB9...
Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

Old 03-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AnhNamNgheo
I can't imagine the oil change is difficult in the VV8 or the DB9. Anyone have done the service on these vehicle before?
I plan to get a 09/10 Vantage v8 or 07 DB9...
Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
I have done oil change, brake fluid flush, rear differential fluid change, power steering fluid flush, brake pad change, air filter change, cabin air filter change by my self so far.

First time all are but difficult but after doing it once I think it's piece of cake, particularly if you invest in car lift.

There is DIY ON DB9 oil change etc in a sticky "frequently asked questions" read up on that

Old 09-24-2015, 06:59 AM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dallasbaker
In the U.S. you may have your AM serviced at an independent shop and it will still be covered under warranty.
"In fact, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is enforced by the FTC, makes it illegal for manufacturers or dealers to claim that your warranty is void or to deny coverage under your warranty simply because someone other than the dealer did the work."

I enjoy changing my own oil and it is a very simple process. I am planing to post a step-by-step on the DB9 if one does not exist on this forum.
Thank you for this posting! I have been concerned about this. Yes, dealership services are inflated and I expected it. But why pay the extra money when you can save money with a third party service garage? The chances of my warranty being void because of this was my concern, which you alleviated. Thank you!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:30 PM
evermore is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mantonkroh
Thank you for this posting! I have been concerned about this. Yes, dealership services are inflated and I expected it. But why pay the extra money when you can save money with a third party service garage? The chances of my warranty being void because of this was my concern, which you alleviated. Thank you!
Are you aware of or can recommend any independent garages that will work on AMs in the bay area?

If/when I finally get a Vantage, I have absolutely no intention of wasting money on the dealer service. AMs are cars, not unicorns, a competent and trained mechanic can work on any of these vehicles, no extra "green" lubrication required.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:33 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evermore
AMs are cars, not unicorns, a competent and trained mechanic can work on any of these vehicles, no extra "green" lubrication required.
Then why did I see a horn growing out of my bonnet on the DB9

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Service Costs Are Ridiculous