Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

front clearance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
front clearance

What is the front clearance of the V8V? I'm picking up my car on Thursday it's an 08 V8V roadster and I would like to know if it has higher front clearance than my former 997 turbo. The reason I'm asking is because I have an underground parking in my building where I would love to park the car but I know that the slop was too stip for my Porsche and I scrapped badly the front spoiler when I tried to park it there once. It wasn't a big deal on the Porsche as the spoiler was a cheap piece of plastic that could be easily replaced but it's not the case on the vantage so I don't want to mess it up..

Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 PM
ptaylor_9849 is on a distinguished road
Norman, I'll give you some measurements but I'm not sure they will help because there's a lot more to it than just numbers such as angle & pitch etc. The very front nose is raised 5 and three quarters inches. however, there are plastic flaps just forward of the front wheels that are only 3 and three quarters off the ground and finally, the distance from the center of the front wheel to the tip of the nose is appx. 33 inches. Hope this helps.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
It may not be as bad as you think. There is a "rub-strip" under the spoiler that scrapes when you lose clearance . This plastic strip appears easy to replace after several hundred scrapes. The thing you have to be most aware of is to not hit the front-spoiler on a curb or a "stop-curb" in a parking lot--that would most likely crack it.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
Norman, I'll give you some measurements but I'm not sure they will help because there's a lot more to it than just numbers such as angle & pitch etc. The very front nose is raised 5 and three quarters inches. however, there are plastic flaps just forward of the front wheels that are only 3 and three quarters off the ground and finally, the distance from the center of the front wheel to the tip of the nose is appx. 33 inches. Hope this helps.
Ha ha indeed that might not help me much since I have no idea what the clearance was on the 997TT
Thanks for the reply though I appreciate

Old 10-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
It may not be as bad as you think. There is a "rub-strip" under the spoiler that scrapes when you lose clearance . This plastic strip appears easy to replace after several hundred scrapes. The thing you have to be most aware of is to not hit the front-spoiler on a curb or a "stop-curb" in a parking lot--that would most likely crack it.
I didn't notice that plastic strip under the spoiler it's good to know thank you for the info.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 AM
CTP855 is on a distinguished road
Just drive slow, and kind of steer at a right or left angle with the front of your car. I learned immediately with this car, that when I drive onto a parking lot that has a steep entry, I have to slowly angle the front to the left or right. Most of the time this prevents the front from bottoming out. There are many cars on the market that experience this same problem. JUST GO SLOW....AND REMEMBER TO KIND OF ANGLE TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I scrape the road from time to time. It's often unavoidable with my car. Agree that as long as you go slow and do what you can to reduce the amount of contact (e.g., approach at an angle), the splitter will be okay.