Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V E-Brake Light Stays Lit When Releasing the Parking Brake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned
ironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these parts
V8V E-Brake Light Stays Lit When Releasing the Parking Brake

I've got an 07 V8V with only 12k on the clock and just recently I've been having an issue where I release the parking brake and the light stays lit. It takes several tries in order for the light to go off. Interestingly enough, the parking brake does release the first time as I can move the car without any resistance, but the light stays lit.

Any suggestions? Maybe just an adjustment needed on the cable? Thanks in advance

Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I had this problem with my V8V. Really annoying because of the alarm that sounds if you try to drive when the light is on.

I learned that I could "fix" this by driving about 20 yards at low speed while pulling up on the hand brake (keep your thumb on the release button) and then releasing the brake. This must take off a small layer of the brake pad so the car no longer thinks the e-brake is still engaged.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Sounds like it needs a park brake adjustement. Though pulling on the handle while driving might work too, give that a try first. That also works if you have a squeak from the park brake pads. I drive at about 25mph, and just hold the park brake on for about 5-7 sec a few times.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Banned
ironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these partsironchef1369 is infamous around these parts
Fantastic guys, I appreciate the quick response. I'll give that a try when I get home from work today and report back.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
My e-brake had this problem for a long time. The light would go off only after multiple tries. Eventually, the light would just not go off period. Once I did the pull while driving, it solved the problem and it never returned.