Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Buzz/Rattle in Premium Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
My "Passenger side door speaker buzzes at certain frequencies" and I'd like to correct it. Would someone please tell me how to remove the door panel?
Thanks
Go up a few posts and you will see some pics I posted. They should complement what irish07's posted just before me.

Originally Posted by hooneybee
I would not take the panel off myself. I have 2013 Vantage S with same issue. Just came back from the local car audio shop. The audio installer told me that speakers are just screwed onto the door instead of being mounted in an enclosed boxes. It causes the sound to resonate through out the door panel causing the rattling. My car was at the dealer for this issue before and they just put some insulating tapes. Oh, also the speakers were paper cone speakers, made in China. Very cheap and low quality, I am being told. I'm getting better speakers and the boxes to enclose the speakers. I hope this information helps. Good day, now.
It's not that bad to remove the panel. I did it and I am still alive.

Majority of diaphragms (those speaker cones you mentioned) are made of paper or some form of paper composites. There's even kevlar paper now.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:02 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
I would not take the panel off myself. I have 2013 Vantage S with same issue. Just came back from the local car audio shop. The audio installer told me that speakers are just screwed onto the door instead of being mounted in an enclosed boxes. It causes the sound to resonate through out the door panel causing the rattling. My car was at the dealer for this issue before and they just put some insulating tapes. Oh, also the speakers were paper cone speakers, made in China. Very cheap and low quality, I am being told. I'm getting better speakers and the boxes to enclose the speakers. I hope this information helps. Good day, now.
My MY12 S had the same issue on the doors and centre speaker, turned out the MOST cable and the wiring loom were touching the speakers (**** QC again)

Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
"Go up a few posts and you will see some pics I posted. They should complement what irish07's posted just before me. "
Irish started his discussion with "With the Panel Removed...." Your pictures are helpful but I don't know where to remove screws or the door handle, where to pull or push to get the panel off and not damage anything.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:30 AM
nanohead is on a distinguished road
The door panels come off like any other car. Personally, I'd be scared of most of the car audio installers out there Them telling you that your speakers are bad because they're paper and from China means only that they want to sell you speakers, not that they have a deep understanding of the car audio.

As far as paper, most of the better car/home audio speakers are paper or paper composite. There is nothing inherently wrong with paper cones, nor that they're made in China. I have an insane audio system in my pickup, which uses Hybrid Audio speakers, among some of the finest car audio drivers made, and they're all paper... (except the tweeters)

Resonating speakers can be caused by a gazillion things. Mine doesn't resonate at all (2008 V8V), and actually sounds decent for what it is (premium audio), even though there's too much subwoofer, no matter what I do.

I