Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Lease or buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Yangpei is on a distinguished road
It seems to be structured like a standard lease. The lease specifies how many miles per year you are allowed, how much they charge you per mile over the allowed mileage, and that you will be charged for damage. It also specifies that you have the option of buying the car at the end of the lease for the residual value, if you choose not to return it.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Yangpei
It seems to be structured like a standard lease. The lease specifies how many miles per year you are allowed, how much they charge you per mile over the allowed mileage, and that you will be charged for damage. It also specifies that you have the option of buying the car at the end of the lease for the residual value, if you choose not to return it.
I would ask them the question specifically...Premier Financial Services has always done open ended leases. This is taken straight from their website:

Lease Expiration
When your lease expires, you have four options:
  1. Pay the residual and own the car outright.
  2. Sell the car, pay the residual, and keep any difference.
  3. Trade the car into a dealer who pays the residual, and you keep any difference.
  4. Refinance the residual through a new lease without a large cash outlay and continue to own the car.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
nexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura about
How do you like your new Vantage? Thinking of leasing a Virage from Aston Martin Newport Beach as their rates are incredible. Just sold my R8 V10 and have always had an interest in Aston Martins.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by nexlogic
How do you like your new Vantage? Thinking of leasing a Virage from Aston Martin Newport Beach as their rates are incredible. Just sold my R8 V10 and have always had an interest in Aston Martins.
So far, I love the Vantage. My previous 2 cars have been Porsches. The Aston is about the same size dimension-wise, but feels like larger. It definitely attracts more attention than the Porsche. I can't comment much on performance, as I haven't really pushed the Aston yet. The team at AM Newport Beach has been great.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM
nexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura aboutnexlogic has a spectacular aura about
So far, I love the Vantage. My previous 2 cars have been Porsches. The Aston is about the same size dimension-wise, but feels like larger. It definitely attracts more attention than the Porsche. I can't comment much on performance, as I haven't really pushed the Aston yet. The team at AM Newport Beach has been great.
Nice. You got the Vantage S ?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by nexlogic
Nice. You got the Vantage S ?

I was looking at an autoshift Blue Vantage S or a 6 speed White Vantage N420. I ended up going with the white N420.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:13 AM
I was looking at an autoshift Blue Vantage S or a 6 speed White Vantage N420. I ended up going with the white N420.
Great deal, maybe I'll see you around OC. I am considering the Virage - still on the fence.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:13 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Had to put $10k down. Lease monthly is $1450 + taxes. I think residual after 2 years is $76k. It works for me because I don't want to spend the money to buy a new one. I guess after 2 years, I can decide whether to return or buy it out.
You should feel very, very good about this deal. I've been crunching numbers with my dealer for the last week and they can't get close to that . . . even with a $28k discount and me putting $15-20k down.

I think they don't like working with PFS, so that's part of the problem and the other issue is that the car I want is on the East coast (I'm in CA), so I don't think they have as much wiggle room.

Anyway, congrats again on your deal, it was definitely a good one.

I'll be continuing to shop around until I can get the car I'm looking for at the numbers I'm comfortable with.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Ugh, leasing bothers me b/c it's so clear in your face how much it's costing to own the car on a monthly basis, then divide by 30 and you get the obnoxious daily ownerhship cost. At least with owning, you dont' know how much you lost on deprecaition until you actualy sell the car and can drive in ignorant bliss until then .