Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What can I expect from an ECU reprogram?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
ewu64 is on a distinguished road
What can I expect from an ECU reprogram?

Hello guys: I was thinking of doing the ECU reprogram... Do you feel the difference in response, mid-torque, accelerator sensitivity, drivability, fuel economy, etc. I have had a number of cars that received the mod, and some work really good, but others, you barely feel any difference...? Thank you!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
For me improved low end torque. Improved throttle sensitivity. No discernable improvement in fuel economy.

However when I put a sports exhaust on from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120861377937?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

the power increased across the rev range significantly. Car is transformed. I think all sports exhausts will have this effect but are significantly amplified with an ecu reprogramme.

Last edited by Vergis; 03-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Viper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the roughViper1 is a jewel in the rough
What brand is that exhaust?

Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vergis
For me improved low end torque. Improved throttle sensitivity. No discernable improvement in fuel economy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120861377937?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

the power increased across the rev range significantly. Car is transformed. I think all sports exhausts will have this effect but are significantly amplified with an ecu reprogramme.

Agree with all of the above and if you add the 200 cell cats on top of the ecu tune and exhaust, the throttle response and power jump again (as does the noise). They all seem to work in harmony very well and have leaned my AFR out nicely.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice

That price is pretty modest for Ti

Old 03-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Vorland Technik

Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Saw the video they have in that listing but have you made/posted any video/audio files of the sound on your machine Vergis? Can't recall if you have modified cats on yours, wondering how the combo would sound?

Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Mine have stock cats and stock headers.

A must for any Aston owner is get a sports exhaust !

I will post up some more information soon on experience...

Old 03-02-2012, 02:21 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm probably going to be getting RSC's tune in a few weeks. I've got the AM Power Pack, and RSC 200-cell cats and Sport exhaust. I'll put up some before/after charts when I get the tune.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ewu64
Hello guys: I was thinking of doing the ECU reprogram... Do you feel the difference in response, mid-torque, accelerator sensitivity, drivability, fuel economy, etc. I have had a number of cars that received the mod, and some work really good, but others, you barely feel any difference...? Thank you!
We're based in Doral... I live in North Miami Beach myself! If you're intersted in the difference, why don't we arrange to meet up and you can drive our white roadster and see for yourself!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 PM
ewu64 is on a distinguished road
Lets get together and see! How much would be the ECU + cats ???

Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ewu64
Lets get together and see! How much would be the ECU + cats ???
Shoot me an email - Stuart@RSCtuning.com and I will price everything up for you and we can arrange a time to meet up.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Mine have stock cats and stock headers.

A must for any Aston owner is get a sports exhaust !

I will post up some more information soon on experience...
Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with that unit Vergis.

Looking at the 'blued' finish of the muffler made me almost wonder (almost!) what it would look like to have matching blued Ti exhaust tips on an Aston ('Ohhh the humanity!!!' ). AFAIK, no once makes those although I found a story on an outfit called GMG Racing who did up a package once upon a time for a Vantage owner that included that feature ...

... anyway, when you get the chance, please see if you can post a video of the system as well so we can give it a listen.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Aston Curious
Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with that unit Vergis.

Looking at the 'blued' finish of the muffler made me almost wonder (almost!) what it would look like to have matching blued Ti exhaust tips on an Aston ('Ohhh the humanity!!!' ). AFAIK, no once makes those although I found a story on an outfit called GMG Racing who did up a package once upon a time for a Vantage owner that included that feature ...

... anyway, when you get the chance, please see if you can post a video of the system as well so we can give it a listen.
GMG racing is a very well-known outfit . For Porsches, though.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
that vorland technik exhaust looks too good to be true! Great price and weight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What can I expect from an ECU reprogram?