Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where to buy Vantage Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:33 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 111R
Can you just do the brembo rotos without the caliper change?
Yes, they are 100% direct replacements. The stock rotors are 22lbs, the Brembos are 13lbs, so you shave 9lbs PER ROTOR (or 18lbs per axle for the rears, fronts shave off even more weight). That comes out to 41% reduction in mass.

Auction link (may find cheaper prices elsewhere, but this is one example):

Last edited by telum01; 06-13-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
2 peice rotors are clearly better perfromance in every aspect, reducing unsprung weight is a big advantage. That said I just did EBC red low dust ceramic pads, parking brake pads (factory AM), and rear rotors (factory AM) on my DB9... could have gone 2 peice but the car is not a race car so doesn't really need it. My GT2 has 2 peice massive 16" carbon rotors on that car I can see using it, Porsche equipped it from the factory that way. On the DB9 I like to maintain originality and keep it factory, who knows maybe down the road I'll go 2 piece just don't see an absolute need for it.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
In a DB9 that makes sense ... btw, the DB9 and vantage share the exact same rotors, so that would be the same exact rotor for you as well sunir (should you change your mind).

I have searched everywhere, it appears the lowest price on the web across the board is $1,515 w/ free shipping. Roughly the same for the fronts. Not bad deal IMO.

hope that helps,

Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
007-thanks for the Brembo rotor info....9lbs shaved per rotor will make a difference.

Sunir-Thoughts on the EBC Red? I can't stand the mess the stock pads make

Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Ya I posted in your car story thread with the same question. I've got Red Stuffs sitting in my garage waiting to go on. Since I bought them, have heard some worrisome things about noise with them. Please post your experiences (are you getting any noise right off the bat? what break in procedure are you using) and what was done for the install (eg did they use caliper lube on the back of the pads, did they put anti-seize on the shims, were the pads pre-ground). Much appreciated.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Hi Guys...I got the EBC reds put on my DB9 and although I've onlky had them on for 50 or so miles I can report that the work very nicely. They are no seeming to dust and they have very little squeel, but then again I've only had them on for a very little time. My shop used some anti-squeel gel on them. As for break in EBC says some noise in the beginning is normal and to drive normally for a couple of hundred miles then do some 60 - 20 harder braking I guess to seat the pads in. I have new rotors in the back and my front rotors did not need replacing. EBC also say that after 500 - 1000 miles I guess any and all noise should stop.

Honestly I think they're fine, they hardly squeal right now as it is. and they brake really well...

Old 03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
I have the Brembo 2 piece rotors on the back of my Vantage and they work great. I was wondering if anyone has a link to Brembo front rotors that can use the stock calipers?

Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Sunir-Thanks, please keep us posted on longer term thoughts. Did you even have the OEM pads on for long? I am interested in hearing the difference vs. OEM.

Dehnert-Did you have the two piece rotors put on? Any pics?

Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by dehnert
I have the Brembo 2 piece rotors on the back of my Vantage and they work great. I was wondering if anyone has a link to Brembo front rotors that can use the stock calipers?
Yes, I wrote a thread not to long ago regarding this, I believe the link is in this thread or another recent thread. Turns out you have to order the ford Gt 2piece rotors (they use identical front rotors out of the DB9). The part numbers are in the thread I wrote. As soon as I get my v8v soon I will be upgrading all 4 corners along with brake pads as well. I will go with the Carbotech 1521 pads again.

Hope that helps,

Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Yes, I wrote a thread not to long ago regarding this, I believe the link is in this thread or another recent thread. Turns out you have to order the ford Gt 2piece rotors (they use identical front rotors out of the DB9). The part numbers are in the thread I wrote. As soon as I get my v8v soon I will be upgrading all 4 corners along with brake pads as well. I will go with the Carbotech 1521 pads again.

Hope that helps,
I recall there was some debate on that thread about the exact correct unit to use. I, personally, felt that there wasn't a definitive resolution to that discussion. I'm just waiting to hear from someone who has purchased and installed the Ford Gt 2piece rotors before I go and order a set. I believe I asked if anyone had them on their car in that thread, but I never got an answer. Please let me know how your install goes, or if someone has already done this, please post with your observations on the upgrade.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Sunir-Thanks, please keep us posted on longer term thoughts. Did you even have the OEM pads on for long? I am interested in hearing the difference vs. OEM.
believe so. I think the dusting will be less, again I only have on and used just under 50 miles ... I can say they have nice initial bite and brake torque, and they don't squeel neearly as much as I thought.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
believe so. I think the dusting will be less, again I only have on and used just under 50 miles ... I can say they have nice initial bite and brake torque, and they don't squeel neearly as much as I thought.
Phew, that's reassuring. I was worried I'd wasted $400 on the two sets ...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by dehnert
I recall there was some debate on that thread about the exact correct unit to use. I, personally, felt that there wasn't a definitive resolution to that discussion. I'm just waiting to hear from someone who has purchased and installed the Ford Gt 2piece rotors before I go and order a set. I believe I asked if anyone had them on their car in that thread, but I never got an answer. Please let me know how your install goes, or if someone has already done this, please post with your observations on the upgrade.
Nobody has done it yet as I was the first one to figure it out. I have no problem being the guinea pig for the aston community (as usual). I'm confident it will fit, but I will try them just to double check. I will of course report my findings when that happens, may be a couple of months before that's done, hopefully you aren't in a rush.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Aston Curious
Phew, that's reassuring. I was worried I'd wasted $400 on the two sets ...
keep them and use them, from my limited useage I like them, a lot. I will put 200 miles on the car, then do some braking excercises as per the instructions that come with the pads, then after 500 - 1000 miles they should be fully worn in and synched to the rotor, so no noise and stellar braking performance. I just did new pads all around, new parking brake pads on the rear, and new rear rotors, my front rotors were almost new, so did not replace those (I used all Original Aston Martin parts for my DB9, with the exception of the EBC ceramic low dust red pads.... the brake noise is very very nominal, I don't mind them at all this way even if they were not completely silent they are silent enough now as is...and as for the ceramic compound, they work to slow the car down very well on normal street driving, and as for the low dust factor...that remains to be seen but I for the 50 or so miles so far they have not shown dust...

Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Superman1111 is on a distinguished road
2008 V8 Vantage brake rotors

I have searched the internet for rotors for a 2008 V8 vantage and have found part numbers, but when trying to order them I am always told they are unavailable!! Any answers other than the dealership???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Vantage Brake Rotors