Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New pics of my V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Karl,

Stunning car, stunning pictures. Can you provide more info on the Alcantara door trim? Sounds interesting. How does it look, and is it an AM part?

Cheers J

Old 05-12-2012, 06:09 AM
boosting1bar is on a distinguished road
Great shots all around Karl. I know exactly where that last set was, I've done pics under that exact same bridge haha! Have you started planning your V1 install yet? That's next on my list as well and I've been waffling back and forth about doing it myself or just taking it back to that shop in Orlando and just letting them do it.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by karlfranz

I love this one. Even cooler that it happened more or less by accident.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:07 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Awesome! No current pics of the exterior? Also, how much did the Tony Hall sill plates run? Never read anything about them..

Old 05-12-2012, 04:20 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chirag
Also, how much did the Tony Hall sill plates run? Never read anything about them..
Read down this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...oke-*****.html

Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jarod
Karl,

Stunning car, stunning pictures. Can you provide more info on the Alcantara door trim? Sounds interesting. How does it look, and is it an AM part?

Cheers J
I saw pictures of a V12V which had the door inserts covered in alcantara to match the seats and steering wheel and I really liked the look. I had previously re-trimmed the entire headliner and rear window surround in my Esprit with alcantara so I new what was involved. I purchased alcantara in back that is an exact match for the headliner in my V8V from Gulf Fabrics in Tampa. I then removed the existing door inserts and re-trimmed them.

BTW: removing the inserts was quite an ordeal because AM uses very strong industrial adhesive to fasten it. I had to be very careful not to break the part. An interesting thing is that the trim panel is actually made out of a transparent Lexan-like material. Why it is transparent, I don't know but that is the second part of the car that I have discovered made of this stuff. The second is actually in the nose of the car and directs airflow to the radiators.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jarod
Yes, Karl, a full picture would be much appreciated. I am interested how the diffuser looks like with the carbon weave going all in one direction.

I had a closer look at my N420 diffuser yesterday, and indeed the carbon weaves meet in the center. And honestly I don’t like it very much
Building the diffuser with the carbon weave meeting in the centre is a very expensive way to make the item, and demonstrates a very high standard of craftsmanship. It's similar to the way that a beautifully made pinstripe suit has the stripes matching perfectly on the back of the jacket, and gives a symmetry to the way that the light reflects off the diffuser.

If you look at the way Pagani or othe high-end makers build their carbon components, you will see the same effect there too.

Most aftermarket suppliers don't take the time or have the skill to build to that quality

Last edited by MichaelD; 05-14-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I actually like the look with the seam.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Me too, it reflects the light beautifully

Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I prefer the seam as well, but the RSC diffuser was less than half the price of the AM model. For that amount of discount, I can live without the seam.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Just heard some V8 Aston's drive by over here, always love that sound!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Here's a new one I took in my garage tonite:

Old 05-24-2012, 11:26 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Here's a new one I took in my garage tonite:

very nice! where did you get that AMV8V license plate?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by elude
very nice! where did you get that AMV8V license plate?
Ha! That's pretty funny. I guess I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

I created the "license plate" in Adobe Illustrator and composited it in.

Cheers.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Cool, much better than my "white out" solution for the rear plate. I lack the Photoshop skills to do that. I should really take a class or something. Regardless, awesome shot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New pics of my V8V