Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New pics of my V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
New pics of my V8V

Trying to come up with a different look than the standard pics most people post here.

Took these in my garage at home.

Comments welcome.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Really great detail shots. I like the uniformity of the lighting and colour tone bw all the shots. It looks like a professional poster. What's your weapon of choice for taking photos? If you have any interest in posting some wallpaper sized images (eg 1900x1200), please accept this as my vote!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Very nice images! Out of curiosity, which diffuser is that?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brumma
Very nice images! Out of curiosity, which diffuser is that?
I seems to be the AM N420 diffuser.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jarod
I seems to be the AM N420 diffuser.
Actually, it's the new RSC diffuser that Stuart just offered. I believe I was his first customer. It is very similar to the N420 diffuser, except the carbon weave all goes in one direction instead of meeting in the middle like on the Aston part.

When I installed it, I decided to go for a slightly different look and so I used a fine aluminum mesh instead of the typical, larger black mesh. My reasoning was that the lighter color draws the eye down to make the diffuser more prominent and matches better with the clear taillights. Plus, it set it apart from other cars with the diffuser to make it a bit more unique and personalized.

BTW: Installing the diffuser is not for the faint hearted. You have to remove the rear wheels, rear wheel well liners, taillights, and the entire rear bumper. You also have to drill eight holes in the bumper cover to match up with the holes in the diffuser. I do this kind of stuff all the time on my cars—it's part of the fun of car ownership. However, depending on your skill level, you may want to consider professional installation.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful photography.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Oh this is looking great! We've got some Aston Martin wheels in stock, let me know if you are interested!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Actually, it's the new RSC diffuser that Stuart just offered. I believe I was his first customer. It is very similar to the N420 diffuser, except the carbon weave all goes in one direction instead of meeting in the middle like on the Aston part.

When I installed it, I decided to go for a slightly different look and so I used a fine aluminum mesh instead of the typical, larger black mesh. My reasoning was that the lighter color draws the eye down to make the diffuser more prominent and matches better with the clear taillights. Plus, it set it apart from other cars with the diffuser to make it a bit more unique and personalized.
I have the N420 diffuser installed, it looks very similar. I didn’t noticed, that the N420 carbon weave meet in the middle, have to check that when I am at home ;-).

I like the lighter aluminium mesh very much. Clever idea, well done...

Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots! I just had my AM N420 rear diffuser installed a few weeks back too. Due to the lack of my skill level, I had it done professionally.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
hadokenny is on a distinguished road
Nice shots! Now do a whole body shot to complete the thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:31 PM
spainconection is on a distinguished road
Karl-Franz, be nice to see his Aston and improvements in detail, to feel it.
some great photos, as you do.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Karl-
I just had the AM diffuser installed and watched the body shop take almost two hours installing it! I managed Stuarts 200 cell cats, but no way I was doing the diffuser.

The AM technician immediately looked at the center where the weave changes and commented on how AM told them about their process as if to verify...

Where did you get the mesh from, I do like that look with the clear tails.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Here are a few more I took tonight.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Karl-
I just had the AM diffuser installed and watched the body shop take almost two hours installing it! I managed Stuarts 200 cell cats, but no way I was doing the diffuser.

The AM technician immediately looked at the center where the weave changes and commented on how AM told them about their process as if to verify...

Where did you get the mesh from, I do like that look with the clear tails.
I don't remember where I got the fine alloy mesh. I bought it for the Esprit and it has been in my closet for over 10 years!.

Here's a larger version of my diffuser picture for you to enjoy:

Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I like the silver rear mesh on the rear diffuser, very unique. Do you have a straight rear view of the diffuser from the rear so we can see the whole thing in brighter lighting?

Looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New pics of my V8V