Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage Roadster - Think it's a done deal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:05 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
V12 Vantage Roadster - Think it's a done deal

Ok - so it looks like they will produce a very limited number of V12 Vantage Roadsters (heard this from a few people in the Uk - and European forums seem to confirm this)

Limited details at this point:
- Approximately 100 Units
- E.T.A - 2013
- 6 Speed Gearbox

Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I wonder where this is coming from. No one has identified a source yet. We heard rumors like this before but it never seems to pan out. If this rumor is true though, I'll be glad if it really is a limited run of only 100 units.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I first heard about this from a mate in the Uk - he's usually pretty accurate with his past predictions (but no guarantees)

He also mentioned, to keep an eye out on Friday for more news/pics.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Very cool. Hope it does come to pass. That pic is a (v good) photoshop job btw ...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
I'm not holding my breathe

Old 05-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by mikey k
I'm not holding my breathe
I'm
that you have so little faith in the claims of your countrymen over on PH

Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Though I'm not German like Dr Bez

I may well pass my S to Bamford Rose to build a V8 with better outputs than the V12.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Found this on a blog today:

V12 Roadster in the wild

Old 07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Just found a picture:

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2012, 12:00 PM
There is man with a serious love of red (?iron ore?). He even got a passenger so the drapes match the carpet!

Love the car. Too bad we won't be seeing any on this side of the pond.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Too bad we won't be seeing any on this side of the pond.
Hmmm, I don't mind this much. Glad it *appears* that Aston is really going to stick to the limited run this time. They are advertising the cars as "___ of 101" etc.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
There is man with a serious love of red (?iron ore?). He even got a passenger so the drapes match the carpet!

Love the car. Too bad we won't be seeing any on this side of the pond.
My kind of guy. I guess he likes the fire down below. I mean in the engine, or ugh,.... well you know what I mean.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ haha the carpets to match the drapes and the seat and the dashboard ...it's all red! lol

Old 07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
A few observations regarding the video:

1) At about the 1 minute mark, does the guy or kid behind the car grab onto the spoiler once the roof is down?
2) Are the bonnet vents tinted red like the rest of the carbon on the car? I can't tell.
3) The wheels look pretty good, unlike the initially released pictures.
4) The rear of the roadster looks better with the larger ducktail spoiler from the V8VS and V12V.
5) This car doesn't have the chrome trim around the rollbar surrounds like in the original pictures.
6) I still prefer the look of the coupe compared to the roadster with the roof up. Roof down, the car looks really good.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
^^^ the vents are definitely the same color as the trim on the car. It looks to me that the _interior_ of the wheels is also the same color (!). Look at the pic Gekko found and also ~ 0:07 of the vid. All the trim seems to be done up in the same ?iron ore trim color. Splitter, mirrors, rear tail lights, side strakes, everything! Has this type of color matching ever been an option on an Aston?

Last edited by Aston.Ca; 07-06-2012 at 11:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12 Vantage Roadster - Think it's a done deal