Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Track Day Experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I had taken my V8 Vantage out on two track days and that car was a blast to drive. Quick enough to e interesting, in fact it surprised a lot of guys. Most wrote the car off as a GT ( it is, but it's a well balanced machine.

I run my little TT RS on track days now, though I was supposed to bring my V12 Vantage to Mosport last month, on an Aston Martin day. But a client was coming in, so I did not make it. Next year.

I'll post the date.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ word of advise...take a car that you feel comfortable driving at high speeds and that you have a good deal of seat time in especially at Mosport. That track will unforgivingly ball up a car and spit it out. I've seen my share of wrecks there, from flips to barrier crashes...a good friend and competitor of mine broke his foot coming out of the back straight into T8 last time we were racing there in GTS Challenge series.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Yeah, best not confuse your income with your driving ability.

In the Toronto area I recommend you spend time getting to know your skills and your car at TMP, before heading out to Mosport. The track is smaller, tighter, but also much safer, should you misjudge/ overdrive/ cook brakes etc.

You can do a full day on a Monday with an instructor for $200.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Interestingly I never felt like the car was at risk even when I was pushing its (my) limits. I had a skid pad session in the morning which was also a useful experience. It's a hard thing to describe but I find I feel 'connected' to the road through the car. The instructors also commented on how well it pivots. It's surprisingly nimble for a car that carries some weight. Did not really feel similarly about the CTS-V I drove. It's a very fast car but I felt more 'remote' from the road. Almost lost it in turn one actually , was happy to get back into the Vantage afterwards.