Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need new brake rotors-front & rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 PM
klittlehale is on a distinguished road
Need new brake rotors-front & rear

After 20K miles and 28 track days my 2007 Vantage needs new rotors. Overall I have been very pleased with the wear that I was able to get out of the original rotors--far more than I expected--given the abuse I dished out on the track, etc.
I have searched the forum looking for alternative sources for rotors, (besides the dealership and their high costs,) and could not find any reference. Does anyone have an source for purchasing new rotors that will fit. I am not interested in doing a major brake upgrade or changing out the calipers. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Aston Bits usually has good deals. I've also gotten good prices on OEM parts from HWM in the UK if you call directly.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Brembo has just released the 2piece discs for the AM DB9 and Vantage.

Front MSRP $1895 355 x 32 2piece discs Type V
Rears MSRP $1595 328 x 28 2piece discs Type Slotted

Please PM for special pricing and more info

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by klittlehale
After 20K miles and 28 track days my 2007 Vantage needs new rotors.......I have searched the forum looking for alternative sources for rotors, (besides the dealership and their high costs,) and could not find any reference. Does anyone have an source for purchasing new rotors that will fit.
Did you have any luck with this? I didn't call direct but using the online prices quoted I couldn't really find any mega deals and ended up getting mine done by the main dealer here in the US.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Get the two piece Brembo above from Supreme Power, they are a massive upgrade in stopping power when used in conjunction with a high quality brake pad (like Carbotech ).

The weight reduction is also huge for unsprung rotating mass and will definitely change handling, braking, acceleration and ride quality.

It's worth the difference in price over OEM, trust me

Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat at 18k miles, but only.my rears need to be replaced. Odd, huh?

Presume I can't just put these bremhos on the rear, can I?

Also, what are the price of oem rotors anyway?

Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Yes you can do just the rears no problems, that is exactly what I did.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor
SupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud ofSupremePower has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ssaa77
I'm in the same boat at 18k miles, but only.my rears need to be replaced. Odd, huh?

Presume I can't just put these bremhos on the rear, can I?

Also, what are the price of oem rotors anyway?
Let me know if you need help and I can get you a decent price on the Brembo or OEM rotors.

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 PM
ssaa77 is on a distinguished road
Great! I don't track the car, so was just thinking oem rotors with some better reduced dust pads. Plus, not exactly sure how much longer I'll keep it. Recommendation?

In the meantime, please PM me with oem rotor pricing. Thanks!!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ssaa77
Great! I don't track the car, so was just thinking oem rotors with some better reduced dust pads. Plus, not exactly sure how much longer I'll keep it. Recommendation?

In the meantime, please PM me with oem rotor pricing. Thanks!!
You got PM

Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SupremePower
You got PM

I sent you a PM