Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New owner :) can't stop smiling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:29 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hph
Thanks a lot for the warm welcomes folks. Are there any other Aston forums besides this one and pistonheads ?
You'll find this one is the most active and helpful site--we have two professional Aston Mechanics that post nearly everyday.

That smile you get, every time you drive your Aston--we all "suffer" the same, its called a "PermaGrin". Enjoy!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dicktahoe
You'll find this one is the most active and helpful site--we have two professional Aston Mechanics that post nearly everyday.

That smile you get, every time you drive your Aston--we all "suffer" the same, its called a "PermaGrin". Enjoy!

Thank you dicktahoe. I do notice that folks on Aston section are a lot more mature, helpful and cooler . Looking forward to learning more from you gents.

Originally Posted by sunir
Take some pics of the interior? Is it automatic or 6 speed manual ? What are the other options? Sport pack? Oh and one more piece of advice, take off the license plate frame awesome car share more details we want a piece of your enthusiasm and happiness! I'm a little partial to DB9 lol ... Nice choice!
Hello Sunir. I'll take more pics. I'm leatherique-ing the interior today and will take int. pics later on. The car is an auto. No sport pack unfortunately. Only option that i know of is the Linn 950W system (is it even an option? ). I usually take off all the license plate frames. Just haven't got around to it on this thing Thanks again.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
fantastic car, the inside is sex.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on you purchase! Also coming from Porsches I can relate. I understand about not being able to wipe the smile off your face. Enjoy!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
Congrats. You're in the right forum for sure!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM
hph
Took some pics after leatherique-ing the front seats, doors and dash.. my car also suffers from infamous shrinking leather syndrome on the passenger dash. Need to take care of that later on. One quick question. The door sills mentioned "Hand built in England for DB9 coupe limited edition" is it the same on all DB9's? If not what kind of limited edition will it be? My car is 05' so not sure what editions they had back then. Maybe launch edition? Anyhow here you go.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Very nice looking interior! You have wood I the waterfall dash but not the same matching wood on the inner door panel caps, which I dont know was standard or optional, I've not seen that on a DB9/DBS that I can recall. I think to find out more about your car you will need to run your VIN with an AM dealer who can pull the records and build sheet details. Also the book definitive buyers guide - Aston Martin written by a member of our forum here may be helpful.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
.....exactly why I tinted my windshield! Not much protection from the sun w/o tint.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
hph
Originally Posted by LRDog
.....exactly why I tinted my windshield! Not much protection from the sun w/o tint.

Yeah I need to get the tint on the windshield. One of those clear ones I've seen somewhere on 6speed. Probably do it all around. The rear parcel shelf took some beating from the sun too. Thinking about redoing it in alcantara later down the road. Somehow the current material/design of the dash reflects everything back on to the windshield during the day time (especially around noon when the sun is directly above). Same thing for the rear parcel shelf. Kind of annoying. Never had this issue with any of my German cars. Also it's impossible to direct the center vents to blow some air towards the driver or the passenger. Anyhow.. just little things that I noticed over the two weeks of ownership.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car...

Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by hph
Yeah I need to get the tint on the windshield. One of those clear ones I've seen somewhere on 6speed. Probably do it all around. The rear parcel shelf took some beating from the sun too. Thinking about redoing it in alcantara later down the road. Somehow the current material/design of the dash reflects everything back on to the windshield during the day time (especially around noon when the sun is directly above). Same thing for the rear parcel shelf. Kind of annoying. Never had this issue with any of my German cars. Also it's impossible to direct the center vents to blow some air towards the driver or the passenger. Anyhow.. just little things that I noticed over the two weeks of ownership.
3M has a product called Crystalline that is supposed to knock out ~97% (I think that number is right?) of the UV rays as well as most of the heat..... Used it on the Jag and seems to keep it pretty cool (relatively speaking of course). Went with the darkest available on the sides/rear (nothing on the windshield - wife doesn't like it at night) and even with an all black interior including the headliner it's not that dark...... It's pretty expensive too. For the price, I don't think I'd do it again. Prolly just do what I did on the AM; 35% on the sides, 25% on the back glass (I think? it's darker than the sides) and something really light on the windshield; if memory serves it's like a 75% maybe lighter?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
There is a product from Llumar in their Ceramic tint film line called air blue 80, I've had that done of 3 of my cars now, my DB9 however has very dark tint on the windshield which actually is very easy to see out of but extremely hard to see into, the car has dark tint all around, similar to the windshield, it's a south Florida/Palm beach car so this was how it came. I thought about changing it but turns out it's perfect just as it is and just fits well with the car, is super easy to drive with, looks great, and creates a very cool and very private iterior cabin. You may need to check your areas tint regulations and so forth prior to deciding how you wish to treat the car's window's and windshield...here are a few pics of my DB9...the tint looks really dark, but inside looking out it's absolutely perfect, the car has an obsideon black interior.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hph
The door sills mentioned "Hand built in England for DB9 coupe limited edition" is it the same on all DB9's? If not what kind of limited edition will it be?
My 09 Volante simply says "Hand built in England"

Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM
hph
Originally Posted by 62Jeff
My 09 Volante simply says "Hand built in England"
Thanks for the info 62Jeff. Now I really want to find out what kind of limited edition my car is. The quest continues

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New owner :) can't stop smiling