Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wet oil pipe

Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM
spainconection is on a distinguished road
Wet oil pipe

Hi, I recently changed the oil myself
on the V8 Vantage.

I saw that the party is near the oil tank, the hose is too wet, see photos, where frame with red signal.

it is normal for this to happen, someone has noticed. this case, you only have to move a little protection that covers the oil outlet hose wet and see what is the hose near the tank.

I think it would be desirable to change this hose and metal.
Please comment ....

Old 08-26-2012, 03:39 AM
spainconection is on a distinguished road
Come on, nobody has seen this hose,
the hoses go into a protective case if this case aside a little sweaty see this hose

is the hose coming from the tank filling, it would be important to have a look.

irish, Amfixer please comments you, if they have seen in their maintenance, the "sweating"

greetings.

P.S. would be important for those who may have to remove the plate that protects the underside of the car in front and move a little hose cover, we can then see if there is in all that sweating.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
In the photo I can't see anything..but if nothing else in front or above is wet, and the hose is wet near the crimped coupler and below..chances are the hose would need to be replaced.
I usually have the oil/air seperator o-ring seal leak and this causes a sweat from that point downward, which does at times simulate a timing cover gasket leak. On the oil tank supply/feed hoses..I've only seen a concern with the upper hose o-ring to the oil tank leaking

Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
AMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to allAMFixer is a name known to all
Pretty much what Irish said. To add to him, I have seen those hoses loose at the fitting. Back in the day there was a bullentin to check the torque on them.