Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2009 DB9 - Daily Driver and Shocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks Mike....here are more pics, click this link:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ent-shots.html

...as for interior some folks use letherique, I use a natural toxin free organic cleaner and then 303 protectant, a mild leather conditioner can help too, I've always found lexol wipes to be quick and easy for that.

As for washing/exterior/paint....Aston has excellent quality paint...I believe the factury uses Spieshekker, If I'm not mistaken, these being hand built cars you may find some anomolies, you can always go for a paint correction ehrn you get your car. Depensing on the condition of your paint, depth/quality of the clearcoat, and color of the car (dark vs. light) there are a number of polishes and porducts you can use to bring out optimal gloss and depth of color. If the paint is in good shape wash as standard, and just quick detial mist and wipe between washes, clay bar when necessary, and I like using an AIO product like Bekkers or Klasse, followed by a sealant (I use Bekkers) and if I really feel like it a quality wax like Pinnacle Soverign. Menzerna and Poorboys makes good products also, Menszerna's FMJ is an old favorite for depth and protection.

There are more pics in the link I posted above but here's a few from that link...just to show that when the paint is kept is good shape she really shines! When the sun is behind the camera the shadows are absolbed on the serface showing depth of color and detailed shading, when shooting into the sun the natural sunlight is reflected off the surface showing clarity and gloss!

Last edited by sunir; 08-27-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:51 PM
merosenb is on a distinguished road
Sunir - Goodness...that is a stunning vehicle. Perhaps the prettiest DB9 I've seen, and I've seen several! Is that an aftermarket rear exhaust panel of some sort? It's really attractive.

My vehicle is blk on blk, so it's a mixed blessing and I'll need to get rid of a little swirl that is on the car but will wait to see what the dealership achieves with it when I finally pick it up.

I really appreciate the information on the products you use. I have no idea what any of them mean. My Boxster S got regular washing and occaisional waxing, but I'm prepared to go the extra mile on the AM. Is there a primer out there I can read that will give me the basics on the steps/products you use?

Best,
Mike

Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by merosenb
Sunir - Goodness...that is a stunning vehicle. Perhaps the prettiest DB9 I've seen, and I've seen several! Is that an aftermarket rear exhaust panel of some sort? It's really attractive.

My vehicle is blk on blk, so it's a mixed blessing and I'll need to get rid of a little swirl that is on the car but will wait to see what the dealership achieves with it when I finally pick it up.

I really appreciate the information on the products you use. I have no idea what any of them mean. My Boxster S got regular washing and occaisional waxing, but I'm prepared to go the extra mile on the AM. Is there a primer out there I can read that will give me the basics on the steps/products you use?

Best,
Mike
Thanks Mike appreciate it I learned a bit from my friend who details cars, he goes by Dan1 on 6speedonline, send him a PM and let him know I refered you, he can give you some nice tips and he also is a distributer for Optima products such as ONR and spray detailer, these are excellent products and all I use on the car to keep it looking great, and I only spend 20 minutes every few weeks in my garage, super easy and safe. Dan is a pro he knows his stuff and all I do is the upkeep, washing (w/ONR), spray wax/quick detailer, this takes 20-30 mins only and you can do this in your garage, heck even if you get the car detailed twice or even once a year this will keep it looking great and is a MINIMUM level of effort...and if I really feel like it or it needs it then clay bar, All-in-one polish/glaze, and sealent - but that's ONLY if I feel like it, and 9/10 times I don't bother becuse the car's paint has been cared for and upkept that well it doesn't ussually need it...

The rear exhaust panel is part of the silver meshes option package, which can be ordered as part of the build sheet on the DB9, you can also see the sliver meshes (or sometimes refered to as bright meshes) on the DB9-LM for example or any bespoked Aston with this custom option. Along with the rear exhaust mesh and sensor strip you also have all the front bumper meshes, bonnet meshes, and front wing (fender) signiture Aston strake meshes, ...so it completes the look all the way around the car on each and every mesh area.

here you can see all the bright silver meshes:

Old 08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Mike, there's a detailing forum right here on 6speed that will tell you more than you ever wanted to know https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/detailing-30/

If you've got swirls you probably want to get a professional machine polish to get things properly corrected, then you can maintain it yourself. Hopefully that's what the dealer is doing, but more likely they'll just use products that'll mask it for a couple of months.

Stay away from the automatic cars washes that's no place for an Aston, let alone a black one! I'm happy with the AutoGlym products recommended by Aston: easy to source, easy to use, gentle on the paint, and good results. Lexol cleaner for the leather, and Lexol leather conditioner once in a while. I use a leaf blower after washing as a no-touch way to avoid waters spots.

If you've got AM brake pads they'll dust up your wheels before you get to then end of the block. I've been using "Armor All Wheel Protectant" spray and it does an amazing job of repelling the brake dust.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Sunir and YVR - thank you for the great info. I will most definitely be avoiding any automatic car washes and will dive into the detailing thread. You've made some great suggestions and I appreciate them! I'm going to the dealership tomorrow for a final inspection and will let you guys know what happens!

Best,
Mike

Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
^^^ Mike take pics of your baby while your there!!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM
As promised....

Here are few pics of my new '09 DB9. It comes home to Houston next week.

Attached Images    
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Congratulations. Looks fantastic You can start practising the AM ear-to-ear grin now.

Going to be a long week. Or are you driving it back?

Old 08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
^^^ Dude that car looks great! Congrats!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks, YVR...the grinning has already started Nope, not driving it back - it is being shipped down from Boston where I found it at a Bentley dealership. Took a quick day trip up last week, saw that it was prestine, and BOOM. Did the deal and can't wait to get it in my garage here in Houston.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent choice...

You'll love that V12. First it purrs and then it roars.