Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Top Gear drive the One-77

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Top Gear drive the One-77

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top...-77-2012-09-13

A good summary:
...not all brilliance can be measured in tenths of seconds. More pertinent for a car like this, is that every single time I walked up to the One-77, it made me catch my breath. Every time it fired up, it roused the 12-year-old me that dreamt of cars like this and made him giggle in sheer excitement.

It might not be the ultimate tool for demolishing a track, but it is an expression of what an Aston strives to be: a story of drama, art and endeavour. The story of the One-77, then, is about the journey, rather than the destination. And I'm pleased to have been along for at least part of the ride.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Benjamin09 is on a distinguished road
Some day... Keep telling myself... Some day...

Old 09-14-2012, 12:46 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RossL
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top...-77-2012-09-13

A good summary:
...not all brilliance can be measured in tenths of seconds. More pertinent for a car like this, is that every single time I walked up to the One-77, it made me catch my breath. Every time it fired up, it roused the 12-year-old me that dreamt of cars like this and made him giggle in sheer excitement.

It might not be the ultimate tool for demolishing a track, but it is an expression of what an Aston strives to be: a story of drama, art and endeavour. The story of the One-77, then, is about the journey, rather than the destination. And I'm pleased to have been along for at least part of the ride.
I love how you described that little boy-ishness inside of us that understands exactly.
But the grown up in me still wonders why this car costs 1.8 million.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Curious...did all the one 77's sell?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
My understanding is that they have all sold.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
That side profile. Wow.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The more I look, the more I like. Wow.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
Transmission

It looks like they were highly critical of the transmission on the car and seem to suggest this was the reason they kept it away from the press.

Aston looks to have struggled with getting a dual clutch ready in time. This is unfortunate, as such a transmission would have been great for the new Vanquish.

This is probably why the new Vanquish has a ZF fluid box. It's good enough, reliable and didn't require all the development costs a dual clutch would.

Too bad the high cost of the One-77 could not have been used to advance this particular aspect of Aston's technology base.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Enilder
That side profile. Wow.
Yup...

Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I don't think you can drive the one-77 state side... So for all us Yankees, we can only go as bigtime as the new vanq lol

Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
I don't think you can drive the one-77 state side... So for all us Yankees, we can only go as bigtime as the new vanq lol

Miller in Greenwich was advertising that they were taking orders for them, so they must be federalized.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
I know it's meant to be driven and all,..but I'd love to have one in my living room.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Miller in Greenwich was advertising that they were taking orders for them, so they must be federalized.
My understanding is that they can only be brought in to the States under the "show and display" provision.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
You can drive them off road, like on a race track if they are trailered there. Other then that I also was told they were under the "show and display" provision. Get an Enzo, and a 458 as a beater... You can drive both of those on the street!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the provision is 2500 miles / year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Gear drive the One-77