Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How to tell which audio system a 4.3L V8V has?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 PM
nathandarby67 is on a distinguished road
How to tell which audio system a 4.3L V8V has?

Hello all-

I have been looking for a 06-08 Vantage lately and have found this to be about the best AM forum out there. Seems to get lots of activity, and I have learned a lot so far from just lurking and reading. On to my question:

Several of the dealerships (not AM dealers) I have called that have cars for sale can't tell me whether the car they are selling has the premium audio. I have had several kind of stutter around and then say "oh yeah, it has premium audio", but you can tell they are BS'ing and don't know what it is I am asking. I have read there is a pretty big difference in the systems, so all things being equal, it is something I think I would really enjoy.

My question is, can you tell by looking at pictures which system a given car has? If so, what are the best visual clues? Or do you have to run the VIN?Would an official dealer be willing to do this just by calling?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
When you turn on the audio system, the screen briefly displays "Vantage Premium Audio" if it has it. The Bang & Olufsen stereo is the only option that has tweeters that rise automatically from the dash. If neither of these are true, then it has the base stereo.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Here's what the manual says:
Premium Audio System adds:
Two additional rear-speakers (you can see these just behind where the seat belt goes in back)
Center-fill speaker, (you can this in the center above the Nav Screen)
Dolby Pro-Logic II

The Dealer can press the "Menu" button, enter the "Sound" menu, select "Audio Settings" and then select "Surround...." if Dolby Pro-logic II shows as an available option then that's confirmation you have the "Premium Audio System (Option)".

Old 10-21-2012, 09:07 PM
vonFerro is on a distinguished road
I second karlfranz - it says right on the display when you turn on the sound system. also, center speaker at top of mid console (look for the grille) is a dead giveaway. but if it doesn't say premium audio when the stereo is turned on, doesn't have it. i wouldn't get one without premium, that's for sure.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
I recently took the rear shelf panels off to access the sub to see what could be done to change it. Not much. What surprised me was that even though mine is basic system I found 2 plugs either rear corner to that look like speaker plugs. I didn't test to see if they were live since I needed to get the car back together asap. They probably are not live since common wiring looms maybe used across all models.

Maybe in the future I will test them. How please would I be if they worked. Opens up an opportunity to put x2 new focals in the rear of the cabin - right at ear level