Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

So, the 2013 DB9 is....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
merosenb is on a distinguished road
So, the 2013 DB9 is....

...more car for less money. How about that? AM ups the HP to 510 but lowers the price by $4K. Except for bolting on the V8V-reminiscent tail-flipper, I like it. With another ~40 horses, I have to think it might take some buyers away from the Vanquish. They say they disconitnued the Virage, but from the look of this car, they discontinued the DB9 in favor of the Virage! For the record, I still like the now "older" grill on my current version the best....

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Discuss!

Best,
Mike

Old 09-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I like the new DB9. The front end of the Virage, now the front end of the DB9, is a bit controversial, but I think it looks fantastic in the metal (or the plastic). I also like that they deleted the Virage as it just didn't make sense to have another car sitting between the DB9 and the flagship.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The new DB9 offers more value in that it gives you a bit more power and such but really what is Aston doing, throwing bits together from Virage and DB9/DBS, changing the tune and backbox, etc... this new DB9 is a stew of parts, it's not it's unique car...it's a Virage basically at the end of the day.

I personally don't like the notion, AML is not stepping up, and the DB9 deserves better then this. Make an attempt at innovation Aston, do something special rather then rebadge a Virage, slap on a ducktail and tweak the 6L v12...

I for one am not jumping up and down excited at the thought of buying another Aston right now, and if I were I'd be going the other way into the older classic stuff. frankly nothing new looks better then the original DB9 and Vantage out of Gaydon as the basis for VH AML cars. Furthermore the cars all look very similar and they keep tweaking the same engine while adding more flares, nostrels, and wnglets, rediculous front chin spoliers, etc...to a shape that doesn't really need it.

My money will go to Ferrari, Lambo or McLaren before I would consider replacing the DB9 in my garage for another Aston.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Personally, I'm quite happy with the new DB9. I think it means the older ones won't drop off the resale value cliff, and my old car still looks pretty much like a new one (except to those that really know the details).

The extra HP and torque are nice, and the new variable valve timing is probably coming over from the new Vanquish so it's a nice refresh. DBS performance at a lower DB9 price sounds good to me.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ It's 2013 and Aston finally has some sort of VVT setup ...Well at least they are going in the right direction, I agree on what you said about the 2013 DB9 helping the previous gen DB9 hold market value, that's a good thing!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
i love the new DB9. I like how they are doing evolution upgrades instead of a whole new setup, kinda like how Porsche tweaks the 911. This means it will just keep getting better and better with each revision! I really like how its getting more aggressive looking.