Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sport mode not engaging on my DB9??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 AM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
Sport mode not engaging on my DB9??

Hey guys I'm still very new to the aston world so I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out. I noticed yesterday that the car doesn't sound as loud or feels as sharp as before when it was in sport mode. It runs as if it was in normal mode. So I did some hard pulls and drive around more this morning and it definitely sounds and feels like sport mode is not engaging. Is there any diag that I can run to see if it is really the case? I'm gonna take it to the dealer this weekend but it's annoying the hell out of me right now so just want to see if I can do anything to calm me down . Thanks in advance gents.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
As far as I know "sport" only remaps the throttle response (more gas with less pedal pressure), revs higher before upshifting in auto, or prevents automatic upshifts at redline if using the paddles. No change to the noise or suspension or anything else on older DB9s.

I don't bother with it anymore because it really doesn't do much.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM
hph
Hi yvr thanks for the input. I thought on older models (mine is 05 btw), sport mode will remap the throttle for sharper response and also opens up the flaps in the exhaust. I did noticed the car being a tad louder when sport mode is on. I maybe wrong. Right now, with sport on I'm not feeling the more responsive throttle regardless of the exhaust. Thanks again!

Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
More info on your DB9 please...what year? Automatic or manual trans?

My understand is that sport mode remaps throttle as well in the Aston but in some other cases sport mode does stiffen up the suspension like in Ferrari the sport and Corsa settings change mapping, traction control, differential settings and suspension parameters.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
hph
Hi Sunir, mine is 05' with auto. From what I understand, the older ones only change the throttle mapping and open exhaust flaps when in sport mode. In later ones (dunno when it starts) the suspension gets stiffer as well as the throttle mapping and exhaust flaps. Not sure how the traction control gets set in sport mode for later and older ones.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Just pull out fuse 22, it will then at least sound a lot faster and make you feel better!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Just pull out fuse 22, it will then at least sound a lot faster and make you feel better!
Or, unplug the vaccum lines at the valve and plug them. Accomplishes the same thing as removing fuse 22.