Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Jaguar F-Type Has Officially Arrived Aston Martin Owners Get In Here Quick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
bossofboss is on a distinguished road
According to the NYT, pricing starts at $69,875 for the V6 Supercharged, and ranges beyond $92,000 for an F-Type fitted with the V8 Supercharged.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
If the V8 F-Type is $100,000 then the Vantage is going to have a problem unless AM does something significant.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:01 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
They really got it right design wise. I love the way it looks!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
I think it looks really good. Only problem for me is that it reminds me of a Miata.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
If the V8 F-Type is $100,000 then the Vantage is going to have a problem unless AM does something significant.
I agree 100%. It's not quite the organic beauty that the Vantage is but that V8 F Type sounds like it is going to be one heck of a performer. I think we can all agree that, with the XKRS, Jaguar has proven that they how to make fast cars and I think that both the XF and F-Type are very attractive.

Add in modern tech features that our Astons lack and a substantially lower price (we're talking $50k difference between my Vantage and where the V8 F is forecast to top out), it's hard to think that AM won't have a major competitive threat.

Does Jag have quite the cachet that Aston does? No. Is that alone worth such a significant premium? I guess we'll see over the next few years.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I think Aston's lineage, history, beauty, elagance, style, prestige, and exotic upper stratosphere cashet has been keeping them as the cream de la creme for a long time now. Astons of the past and the company's rich history and unique almost mysterious custom built exclusive works of art can only go so far, and can only pave the way for so long.... at some point, the ugly 800 lb elephant in the room will rear it's ugly head - it's names are things like, Performance vs. cost, value compared to competitors etc...! As Shawn said...only time will tell.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I like it but I don't love it. I too think it looks short. I would only consider purchasing it if Jaguar offered a manual transmission.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
^ +1 on 6speed MT

Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
...... I too think it looks short....

+1.....and too tall. Also looks like Jag messed up the front end and headlamp shape (again!)

Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
F Type as a concept

Had an opportunity to review the F Type at Amelia Island last March. It was a concept, C-X16, at the time, a fiberglass show car. I was not impressed, nor do I believe were many other Amelia attendees.

For 2 days prior to the big Sunday show it sat just off the Ritz hotel's driveway in front of their golf course club house. It was part of Jag Marketing's exhibit, but seemed to be largely ignored.

Maybe it was the color, refrigerator white, or Jag's description of its complex gas/electric hybrid powertrain (at that time).

Maybe it was the availability of the test drive in their 550HP XKR-S coupe or convertible. (Now that is a fast car!)

Old 09-28-2012, 10:16 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
tail lights remind me of Chevy logos. i do really like the front end, though.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 AM
FCassidy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bossofboss
Such a sexy car, just not bad enough.

It's like a replica of the AM. Don't like that.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
The only thing that I don't like about the car is the steering wheel. It looks cheap and ugly IMO. Like its from a Chevy Camaro. Other than that it looks fantastic. I can see some e-type influences in there. I especially love the driver focused dash and then "oh ****" handle

Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
bossofboss is on a distinguished road
The F-Type has Switchable Active Sport Exhaust as an option. With a push of a button on the center console, bypass valves activate the exhaust system and produce a louder, richer, more exhilarating sound. Optional on all models.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:38 PM
MI6
MI6 is on a distinguished road
Ill with hold judgement until i see the coupe.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jaguar F-Type Has Officially Arrived Aston Martin Owners Get In Here Quick