Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Motor Trend Reviews Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Nice review. That's great news for Aston!!!

The car looked awesome in the flesh, though I would still take my Vantage V12

Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Wow, really positive review.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
good read, thanks for posting

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Great quote: "While by no means a track star like, say, a Lotus Elise or a Ferrari 458 Italia, Big Sexy here handles near the top of the Grand Touring class. As you would absolutely expect."

I will say that I do like the hood of the DBS more than the Vanquish but I presume the "Vanquish S" will have more aggressive body lines.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:57 PM
orlanderlv is on a distinguished road
Had a chance to check the new Vanquish out yesterday here in Vegas...

Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
That review is brilliant, the author really understands what Aston Martin want to do with this car.

I want one

Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 AM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Very well written and thought out review indeed

Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
I don't know why these guys complain about no rear seat room. The Ferrari's have no rear seats at all and nobody buying this thing expects them.

That car is the Rapide.

If they were to stretch the wheelbase, put in seats, all they would do is complain and say it's still insufficient.

Seems like they just have to find something to gripe about.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:10 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Green one....best color by a country mile

Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Overall a pretty positive review, but where do they come up with some of their ideas, for instance, their comment on the interior?

"Things looked nice enough, but they really weren't, considering the class they compete in and the hefty six-figure price tags they pack. That has changed".

WTF? What on earth are they benchmarking against?

Old 10-06-2012, 12:33 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AstonAddict
I don't know why these guys complain about no rear seat room. The Ferrari's have no rear seats at all and nobody buying this thing expects them.

That car is the Rapide.

If they were to stretch the wheelbase, put in seats, all they would do is complain and say it's still insufficient.

Seems like they just have to find something to gripe about.
yeah, this always bothers me, too. everyone knows that most performance-oriented 2+2's have "backseats" only suitable for severed heads and overnight bags.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Green one....best color by a country mile
I was shocked but I absolutely _love_ that colour. So much better than the Fauxrrari red that the concept was initially delivered in. Somehow it just brings out the lines and modernity of the design without seeming garish. The Top Gear pics of the One-77 in Dubai captured a similar grace in the design. I look forward to seeing other vivid and saturated colour options on this one. Maybe a similar treatment in the right shade of orange would also look good.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spinecho
Overall a pretty positive review, but where do they come up with some of their ideas, for instance, their comment on the interior?

"Things looked nice enough, but they really weren't, considering the class they compete in and the hefty six-figure price tags they pack. That has changed".

WTF? What on earth are they benchmarking against?
Exactly!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend Reviews Vanquish