Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Motor Trend Reviews Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
No matter what color your interior, the wheel is black,and the vents are grey. The center stack is grey or piano black, as are the armrest. I'm starting to understand why so many interiors are black or grey.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 AM
DominicMartin is on a distinguished road
Lovely looking car. Would look best in black . Shame about the 6 speed gearbox . Should have at least 7.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM
AstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the roughAstonAddict is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DominicMartin
Lovely looking car. Would look best in black . Shame about the 6 speed gearbox . Should have at least 7.
I think you are 100% correct. A car like this in this category needs a 7 speed DSG transmission. Needs direct injection for the engine also.

Aston doesn't need to be the first with new technology, but they need to have it once it becomes common.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ yet another reason why I would go with Ferrari or Lambo over Vanquish...not having a 7 speed true sequential box in this calibre of car is embarrasing. AML needs to get with the program. One of the main reasons I wanted a 6 speed manual gearbox in my DB9 is that transaxle is a graziano unit and such a great one, I liked that aspect of the driveline. Without a manual being offered the Vanq should at the very least have a proper supercar alternative, at least be on par with competitors Ferrari, Lambo, and Porsche eash of which is kicking AML's **** in everything but maybe in the looks department. Lets not make ALM the hot girl that doesn't put out, she's great to look at but we want MORE !!!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
A new Vanquish review appeared online today.

http://www.insideline.com/aston-mart...rst-drive.html

They echo a number of comments that I have also been making about the marque needing to be bolder and add more tech to their vehicles.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:56 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Interesting that they didn't seem to mind the autobox. Evo magazine's recent review singled that out as a major shortcoming and I have to agree with the above posts re: DSG. Having driven some DSG-equipped cars lately (and these were BIG, heavy cars - M5, Panamera GTS), I am convinced this is the automated transmission of choice: virtually as smooth as an auto when needed, with none of the fuzziness of a torque converter, and seamless, instant upshifts and downshifts. Aston's excuse that DSG is too heavy? Sounds like a feeble excuse to me...