Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Long Term Reviews on ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:50 AM
BonitaBeast is on a distinguished road
Long Term Reviews on ECU Tune

Hi all,

Has anyone done any long term reviews on ECU tunes they have done on their 955 or 957, CTTs or CTTSs?

I'd be very interested in hearing about long term impressions be it mileage or time-wise.

I am looking to do a tune on my 957 CTT and would like to hear any input.

I'm done with the preventative stuff and would like to move on to the performance portion of my project.

Thanks for any input.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:56 AM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
I've had a Softronic tune on my 09 GTS for just over a year now. Unfortunately, I didn't keep any details on mileage/etc as I'm not driving daily now (working from home). I do recall that when I first installed it acceleration on the highway felt peppier.

Aside from that, there have been no issues with faults or anything like that. I've also brought my GTS to the dealer for my annual maintenance and they did not report anything abnormal either, I told them in advance I had a tune installed. Since then I've added a secondary cat-bypass and BMC filters, also no issues since then either.

The tune was easy to install with the help of Softronic. The one issue I had was one of my PC's didn't work well with the software. There's a known issue with certain Intel processors and the DME update.

-Richie

Old 09-08-2015, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by richie996
I've had a Softronic tune on my 09 GTS for just over a year now. Unfortunately, I didn't keep any details on mileage/etc as I'm not driving daily now (working from home). I do recall that when I first installed it acceleration on the highway felt peppier.

Aside from that, there have been no issues with faults or anything like that. I've also brought my GTS to the dealer for my annual maintenance and they did not report anything abnormal either, I told them in advance I had a tune installed. Since then I've added a secondary cat-bypass and BMC filters, also no issues since then either.

The tune was easy to install with the help of Softronic. The one issue I had was one of my PC's didn't work well with the software. There's a known issue with certain Intel processors and the DME update.

-Richie

Thanks for the info. Exactly the kind of details I was looking for. Would you remember the effect the software had on pedal response?

Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-16-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Removed quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:49 AM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
I am wary of tunes. I got one on my 05 CTT. As soon as I got it, I started experiencing over boost conditions, (check engine light). Also the cruise control stopped working at the same time. If I turned the car off it would reset and would boost normally for a while then go into over boost again. Ran runs with the durametric and was in communication with the provider. Never got it fixed. Finally took it to the closest dealer, (180 mi), and had them look at it. Mostly for the cruise. I never told them that it was tuned. They called me and said that there was a tune on the car and the logic wasn't allowing proper communication. Had them put it back to stock and all was fine. The tune I used had a great reputation and as far as I know I am the only one who had this issue. I now have a 06 CTTS and will not be doing any tune on it.

Last edited by mtnrat; 10-14-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:57 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
As a data point for you guys here, I have had Softronic on several cars and NEVER had any issues. I changed my plugs once for sputtering as they were about due, and since then been flawless. I would not make your decision on this one person's post. If you search, I think you will find that Scott @ Softronic is the longest standing and one of the best tuners. Have it on my Wife's Boxster S too and works like a charm. I have had it for years with NO reliability issues and great performance.

I do not actually have a tune on my Cayenne...mainly because I have it on my 997 TT and Boxster S, so one of my cars needs to be slower to keep me out of jail...

I recently ran in the Omega Motorsports 1/2 mile shoot out, and trapped over 163 MPH with just a Softronic tune, exhaust, intercoolers, and inlet ducts in my 997 TT. Did 26 + runs with no issues at all, then fired right up, drove home, and drove to work all week

Again, take this as a data point as any other, but do your research. I just happened to see this post and thought it odd, as on the other forums here and on Rennlist you hear nothing but praise for Softronic...except for a few disgruntled folks as always.

Good luck with your decision and if I can answer any questions let me know as I am a long time happy customer...Other than that, no affiliation with the company. Just think Scott is a great vendor (and ex-Marine...respect!).

DC

Old 10-15-2015, 06:48 AM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Mine was not softronic, however I won't name the tune for afaik I am the only one who had this issue. Not dissing tunes, just relating my experience for reference. My car was high mileage at over 100,000 mi. My main reason for no tune on my CTTS is that the bump in power would likely barely be felt.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:58 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Got it...
Cannot speak to your situation as they are all unique. And the fact that the tune was problem free on your 997 says something about the Softronic product. And to be clear, I have had issues, just not with the tune...Laptop, user errors, etc.. And I always found Scott to be extremely helpful in all of those situations. In fact, I was having some performance issues with one of my cars over a year after the Softronic tune was installed, and I actually called him on the way back from the dealer (about 1 hour away) and was shocked that he spent the entire time...nearly and hour walking me through possible diagnosis. It actually helped the dealer get it figured out, and had nothing to do with the tune, but I was impressed that he was willing to help...

Again, not discounting anyone's personal situation....Just like to see balanced inputs on the forums so the people can make informed decisions.

On the Cayenne...Not sure I will ever tune it. Getting older now (the car and me), and may just get one of those new Macans...They are sweet! Actually been toying with a Tesla too....Expensive Toys!

Good luck...
DC

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-16-2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Removed quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Just go to the edit button. Click. Look for delete on the btm right. Then it will give two options. One to not delete and one to delete. Check the delete box and click delete this message on the btm right. Your post will disappear.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:09 PM
docwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to all
What complete crap that you're getting threatened for speaking your mind.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
OP, sorry your thread was derailed. Please open a new thread if you want to continue this topic.

As for anyone else reading this, suffice it to say that you should do your own research since some people can have a hidden agenda and try to manipulate the general population. As a moderator, when I recognize abuse/manipulation, I have to put a stop to it for the good of the community.

Thread closed.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
To all members.....

when a member has a problem with a vendor we expect the member to come to us first to see if we can be of any help...we do not condone cyber blackmail which is what this member was trying to do by posting negative on the forum...we have been responsible for removing many vendors when members have followed the proper procedure...we have also resolved many disputes where both parties were at fault without having all the drama played out on the forum...if this member will not accept this then he will have to go...and not because he has a problem with a forum vendor as we are here to help in that situation...it will be because he refuses to follow forum protocol and insists on being a cyber bully...thanks, Chuck