Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Trade V8VS for DBS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Trade V8VS for DBS?

My dealer has a 2011 DBS that was never sold on the showroom floor - Magma Red over Sahara Tan. I love my V8VS but still wonder if I should have went with the DBS. Right now I'm financing my S at 5.25%. Aston has 0.9% financing through the end of october on the DBS. Any thoughts?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Doc - Do you like that color combination of the DBS? If you have no issues with the color and options equipped, try negotiate at least 15% off the msrp along with 0.9% apr financing.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I do like the combination of Magma/Sahara. I had considered purcahsing that car last year when I went to look at my V8VS. The numbers didn't work for me then. Now, with the incentives, I think it's doable. I love the V8VS, but don't know how much different the experience will be with the DBS.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM
BTW, if it were down to a V12V or the DBS I would probably take the V12V - I'm just having a more difficult time sorting out the S vs. the DBS.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Why not just take it out for a couple of hours or a day? Your S is ASM II while V12V is 6MT only. Not sure the tranny of the DBS you are being offered. But one thing for sure is that DBS won't be as nimble as vantages due to wheel base.

If you are still down with V12V, there is one at my local dealership. If you like the color/options, maybe you can work out the numbers with them. I'll PM you the info.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 AM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
I've seen a car like (db9) that with 1/3 off the msrp, which seems to be what used ones are selling for. What I like about an older new car with no miles is that I get to add two years of miles and still be in a normal range. But I wonder how the car compares too.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
DBS... Do it!

Here are a few that we have on our website for sale: Aston Martin DBS - Aston Martin DBS For Sale

Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
That DBS is a steal, I've seen it a few times when I go in for service. Absolute show stopper btw.

I'm really curious to see what the final number on it will be. Kind of suprised its been sitting for so long, make sure you have the car taken in the shop and have everything taken care of. And maybe the fluids replaced before driving.

Last edited by CJPatel; 10-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM
The big issue is my car - they only want to give me $90K on a trade at first offer. That puts me slightly upside down on the trade-in side. I can play gamnes with the numbers on the DBS and even go with a platinum-type lease with a balloon at the end to drive the payment down. I've never done anything but a closed ended lease and don't know how risky it is to do it any other way.

I usually don't put money down on my cars, which is why I'm not in an equity position on the V8VS. When they call me back tonight I'll need to see where we end up.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dr. G
The big issue is my car - they only want to give me $90K on a trade at first offer. That puts me slightly upside down on the trade-in side. I can play gamnes with the numbers on the DBS and even go with a platinum-type lease with a balloon at the end to drive the payment down. I've never done anything but a closed ended lease and don't know how risky it is to do it any other way.

I usually don't put money down on my cars, which is why I'm not in an equity position on the V8VS. When they call me back tonight I'll need to see where we end up.
You can always list the car on our website for sale: Global Autosports - Buy or Sell Exotic Luxury Sport Cars

If you sell your car for $5K-$7K more that may help.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Dr. G, hope you don't mind but I'll put part of my PM response here:

My previous Vantage was not an S, it was a V8V 4.3L N400. I loved the car in every way except for the fact that it was underpowered IMO. The main comparisons I feel between the Vantage and the DBS are:
Handling: the Vantage is more nimble and more balanced, so it definitely handles better than the DBS or DB9. If you enjoy spirited driving through twisties, the Vantage is far better in this arena.
Power: Although DBS has 510 hp, it is heavy, and is NOT a rocket. I always stress that it is a GT car and has enough torque and power, but it is an elegant cruiser. My other cars are all probably more powerful in terms of power to weight. So I accept the fact that it is a great DD, but not my go to car for fun, spirited driving.
Elegance: AM as you know is the most elegant brand in my eyes, and the DBS is the current flagship car (at least until the end of the year). The DBS is more unique and the most stunning car in my eyes. I like the aggressiveness of the hood, the extra CF as in the bootlid, trunk, CF rear diffuser and CF front lip. But this of course is a matter of opinion. But I feel the DBS wins and is more prestigious.

As others have mentioned, do test drive the car if you can, and you will feel the visceral differences.

Regarding trade-ins....dealers will always rape you. I tried to trade in my Vantage for the 430 and they were $5k-$10k under what I sold for as private sale. You will always lose thousands on a trade-in. If you have the patience to private sale it you will make more.

Regarding leasing, there are two companies I have worked with that do open-ended leasing: Putnam and Premier. It is certainly worth them crunching some numbers to see what kind of a deal they can give you. Right now I have my DBS with Premier.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Your car is a 12 correct? Probably listed around 155? I don't understand why they would give you such a low offer if it would get rid of the car that has been sitting there so long. Or am I just clueless on trade in value.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
orlanderlv is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking about upgrading from a 2011 V8 Vantage convertible to a 2012 Aston Martin Virage Coupe that my local dealership has in stock. My sales rep told me he'd let it go for next to invoice. I put $21k down on my vantage and got almost $25k off MSRP. Sure I have equity in it and could probably do a straight trade with just an increased monthly payment.

Not sure I want to do it though. Anyone?

Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Do it! Magma red is gorgeous!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Dr G it's a personal choice both cars are excellent, magma w parchment is a unique combo, I've seen 2 DBS w that combo locally, not common but not as rare as you may think, an acquired taste and harder to sell, which is why the dealer had the car sitting for so long, or there could be issues with it... I personally don't trust a car that's sitting for so long or that is hard to sell by a dealer. The v8vs and DBS are 2 separate driving experiences one is a tight sports coupe the other is a GT car, a highspeed cruiser. Once you drive them both and see which one you like best, I can see going from a v8vs to a v12v making more sense from a size, type, and similarity perpective over the jump to a bigger, longer, more cruiser like DB series car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trade V8VS for DBS?