Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ace 20" Convex w/ 007 Aston Martin Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Great looking wheel... Is anyone concerned about the 29lb weight?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not in the least. My main goal was to get a sharp looking wheel without spending a lot of money (two kids in college, et al). It hits all the parameters for me, for sure.

Now, if my AM was a competition car then yes, I would not be putting on 29 lb wheels on it, nor 19"er's for that matter. But since I'm 99.999 % sure I won't be installing a full cage in the car and 6-points then headed out to SCCA, its not a concern.

So far, among response from my car pals its been 100% positive. They all think the Ace Wheels update the car wonderfully and no one can believe they are only $ 300 a corner.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Agreed on the car not being a track car etc. I ask because I put 19" 745 sport wheels on my 740il that originally had 16' basket weave. I thought the car actially felt slower at throttle tip in from stand still - like it was anchored down. Did yours feel any different after installing? Any idea what the factory wheels weighed?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:29 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I stayed 19" to 19", so there wasn't much difference. I didn't weigh the wheels but the stockers felt a little heavier just carrying them around, but not by much.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Awesome! The same or lighter than stock with that much better appearance AND cheap to boot is a great win! Even if they were a smidge heavier it would be a win. I was concerned they were significantly heavier.