Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sports Pack or not? any 100% sure way to spot it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 12:37 AM
evermore is on a distinguished road
Sports Pack or not? any 100% sure way to spot it?

Hello everyone,

I am still shopping for a 2009/2010 Vantage V8 Roadster (taking my sweet time) and I really would like to get one with the sports package. Unfortunately, I am not sure if the wheels are an absolute tell tale or not and frankly, most listings by dealers are vague enough that I don't trust them one way or another to get this right. (It's a sporty car so let's just check yes on sports package!)

I have the Definite Guide book open next to me and it is a bit ambigious. I THINK the sports pack wheels changed between 2009 and 2010 but I am not sure...

Here are a couple examples:

No mention but these are the 2009 sports pack wheels, right? Does this mean this car definitely has the full package?
http://ocluxuryauto.com/project/2009...artin-vantage/

Same except for 2010 with what I think are the 2010 Sport pack wheels:
http://www.maseratibeverlyhills.com/...8d6ba46329.htm

This car confuses me, a 2010 but with what I thought were the 2009 Sport pack wheels:
http://www.prestigeimports.com/web/u...rida/17180816/

So I'm stumped

Thanks for any help!

Old 09-21-2015, 01:16 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The Sport Pack for the 4.7 V8V is known as the Vantage S which didn't exist in 2009. You are simply looking at pictures of cars with two different generations of lightweight wheel options. Many owners like the style of the original lightweight wheel, so it's not surprising to find cars whose wheels were changed to that design.

Last edited by karlfranz; 09-21-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:39 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had a 2009 without the sportspack and wished if the opportunity had arised mine would have had it. The wheels are kinda of a telltale as the 20 spoke is not the sportspack and the 5 spoke maybe or were just optioned with the wheels alone, or a previous owner updated to it or a later style wheel.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:09 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
Any dealer can get you the configuration of the car as built with the last 6 characters of the VIN. If the car has the Sport Pack it will be on the configuration. It is possible to add the Sport Pack but it was very expensive so few cars were updated.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:45 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
what do people think of sports pack wheels? Its amazing how people love them but for some reason they dont work for me. My fav wheels have always been the Vantage S wheels. I was able to get that on my car and love the look!

Name:  IMG_6770_zpsug2nq4s9.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  596.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6777_zpskpudd2xg.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  499.1 KB

Old 09-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I had a 2009 without the sportspack and wished if the opportunity had arised mine would have had it. The wheels are kinda of a telltale as the 20 spoke is not the sportspack and the 5 spoke maybe or were just optioned with the wheels alone, or a previous owner updated to it or a later style wheel.
Tell tales of NO sports pack:
- The original 7 spoke wheels as the sports pack only became available with the 2009 model year (according to the guide book)
- The new for 2009 20 spoke wheels.

The guide book mentions that about 50% of 2009-2010 Vantages were optioned with the sports pack and given that the package really "only" consisted of "uprated springs and Bilstein dampers" besides the wheels, it would seem silly that anyone would option a car with those sports package wheels but not spring for the suspension upgrade... or so I hope...

The photo of the black 2010 Vantage roadster I posted.. I frankly think there's something going on: why would it have the previous year's sports pack wheels? The carfax also shows a pretty major mileage discrepancy...

Old 09-21-2015, 11:06 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evermore

The guide book mentions that about 50% of 2009-2010 Vantages were optioned with the sports pack and given that the package really "only" consisted of "uprated springs and Bilstein dampers" besides the wheels, it would seem silly that anyone would option a car with those sports package wheels but not spring for the suspension upgrade... or so I hope...
Not everyone likes the harsher ride of the sport suspension. When I spec'd my car (which came standard with the Sport Suspension), I had them build it with the comfort suspension instead. However, I did choose the lightweight 10-spoke wheels because I liked the design better plus they reduce unsprung weight.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:21 AM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
From what I understand, the 10 spoke wheels painted in silver were an option on standard suspension cars, and ones painted in graphite were included with the sports pack.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
My Vantage is a 2007 that I bought In the summer of 2014. My dealer had two extra sets of sport suspension 19 inch split spoke wheels in stock and made me a great deal on one of the sets, to upgrade my car. But in this case my car only has the wheels not the sport suspension. I have looked into upgrading to the sport suspension, but as others have said it's just shocks a rear sway bar I believe and springs and very pricey .
Ron

Old 09-22-2015, 03:40 PM
VINs

Originally Posted by norbertaston
I have access to the build sheets and will be happy to look it up for you if you send me the vin

Thanks! Here are the VINs:

SCFBF04CX9GD11925
SCFBF04C29GD12499
SCFEBBBC1AGD14353
SCFEFBBC6AGD13817
SCFEFBBC3AGD13693
SCFBF04C49GD11757

Michael

Old 09-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by norbertaston
^That's one long post, next time I'll send a PM
Thanks so much though! Very valuable info there.. the last car for example has different (2007 style 7 spoke) wheels from its original 5 spoke spec, while the very first one has the sports pack wheels now but does not have the package.

Now, just have to see if I can agree on a price with one of these dealers...