Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

6 slat grille fit my 2007 V8V?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Allen121 is infamous around these parts
Took me 15-20 mins. I ended up removing the radiator cover so I could have more room to work with. I also wanted to clean it too.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Allen121
Took me 15-20 mins. I ended up removing the radiator cover so I could have more room to work with. I also wanted to clean it too.
Yep much easier to do with that removed

Old 07-11-2013, 05:34 AM
astongirl is infamous around these parts
What is the best product anyone can recommend to clean the bright finish grill with? Somehow, no matter what I use, it's tough to get water marks off of it....

Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Try using your windshield cleaner. Been using Stoner Invisible Glass windshield cleaner and works great on removing the water marks.

Originally Posted by astongirl
What is the best product anyone can recommend to clean the bright finish grill with? Somehow, no matter what I use, it's tough to get water marks off of it....

Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks Cret... I'll pass by the auto parts store this weekend to get that. I'm sure I won't be disappointed now after I wash my car and look at the grille up close :-)

Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
astongirl - try the windshield/window glass cleaner that you currently use. It should work too.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Since the topic is up... Anyone have a good before/after pict? Trying to see if the mod is worth it. (will 'anyone' else notice?)

AND... is the grill just uncoated metal? and I could use a metal polish on the leading edge? OR is it coated? .. and should not get abrasive polish used on it? I have a bright finish and wouldn't mind the front being 'brighter'... Figure in a few years I'll go the black out look.. but not yet.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Rolex... I also have the same question regarding having the grille look brighter... In addition, my car came with the V Spoke graphite wheels and I would like to find a product that brightens them up as it the wheel itself is a dull color compared to the original wheels that came with the older model Vantages. Plus, I notice that the inside of the wheel gets dirty quick from the brake dust. I tried an Armor All wheel protector but it hasn't really worked. Any suggestions? Maybe switching to ceramic brakes?

Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Rolex... I also have the same question regarding having the grille look brighter... In addition, my car came with the V Spoke graphite wheels and I would like to find a product that brightens them up as it the wheel itself is a dull color compared to the original wheels that came with the older model Vantages. Plus, I notice that the inside of the wheel gets dirty quick from the brake dust. I tried an Armor All wheel protector but it hasn't really worked. Any suggestions? Maybe switching to ceramic brakes?
I'll leave the grill polishing quesion out there.. and lets see who chimes in. [Wheel wise.. and not to derail the thread.. The only real fix is a good 'street' pad rated for low dust.. (don't get some track pad you need to heat up for good stops.. you want your first stop to be your best on the street!)... you can polish then wax the wheels to bring out the shine. waxed wheels also clean up easier with just soap & water. Meanwhile I have abandoned the 'inside' of the rims.. as they are black with dust! 7 spokes are hard to get in to clean.. but you also can't see in as much... figure I'll wait for 5 spoke 20" aftermarket wheels to worry about the inside again... ]

Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
macksamus is infamous around these parts
Astongirl - I've been using the Armon All wheel protector for some time and in the beginning I too was disappointed with the results. But after a few other applications, the problem turned out that I was over-spraying the rims. Now, I use just enought to give a light coat to every part of the rim and it seems to work much better, at least for me.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:10 PM
yvr
yvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond reputeyvr has a reputation beyond repute
The ArmorAll stuff works pretty good for me too. Light coating, let it dry overnight, and whatever you do, don't touch your wheels with anything after you've applied it.

Hmmm... I wonder if it would repel water spots on the grille?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 PM
timwhayden is infamous around these parts
Has anyone tried putting Ventureshield/3M film on the grill slats to prevent the watermarks etc? I am seriously considering it.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the tips... I'll try some of your suggestions during the weekend and let everyone know the results....Tim - If the windshield cleaner or Armor All Protector don't work on the grille, I'll find out about the Ventureshield/3M film you mentioned....

Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 PM
timwhayden is infamous around these parts
I read a previous thread about someone who did the Ventureshield on the grill and solved the problem. Also made it a little shinier.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:09 PM
jfdeasy9608 is infamous around these parts
Have to admit I do like the look of the 6 slat grille, but I think the 8 slat just has a classic look to it. My problem is I'm missing one of the vertical brackets on my 08 Vantage and can't seem to source it without having to purchase the whole assembly. Been searching Ebay and other places, but just can't find it. If anyone knows where I can find one, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

John

Last edited by jfdeasy9608; 07-05-2016 at 05:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6 slat grille fit my 2007 V8V?