Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Matte Black V12V pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 PM
gekko will become famous soon enoughgekko will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by groutguy
Just an FYI, I received an e-mail from the AM factory today (i was inquiring about the V12V production numbers).
The e-mail stated that there would be no 2013 model year v12 vantage coupes being produced.
Based on this info, I think that these matte black vantages are all probably 2012-1/2's
James (Aston Rep) also stated that he could not comment officially regarding any future V12V models.
Just thought I would let others know what I was informed.

Thanks for that!

Anybody know how many V12's are in USA & Canada?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by gekko
Thanks for that!

Anybody know how many V12's are in USA & Canada?
IIRC, BP mentioned to me that there are 13 (sold?) in Canada. Not sure if yours was counted in that number. Dunno abt the US.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I was told 13 before Gekko got his car, so I guess that means at least 14 purchased in Canada (imported cars not included). I was told there were only 5 cars allotted in Canada for 2012.

So maybe 18 cars max??

I'm sure if he calls Kam we can get a recent total.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
groutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura aboutgroutguy has a spectacular aura about
I have seen 4 V12V's at my AM dealership (Distinctive Collecton Calgary).
Mine (morning Frost), a carbon black, a black with red interior, and a quantum silver. They were all sold new by my dealer, except for the black which is currently for sale. I haven't seen any other V12V's for sale in Canada in the last 4 months on any of the car websites, and strangely I haven't even seen another one driving on the road.
If the serial numbers mean anything, mine ends in 1069. That may be the production number, but I'm not sure if this is how AM marks out their serial numbers.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Man you canadiens buy a lot of astons! Or maybe you guys have a really active Aston enthusiast community lots of forum members here are Canadian Aston owners... Are astons just very popular with folks there?

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
... canadiens ...
No Canadiens here (except maybe Irish) ... I'm still a Leafs fan ...

Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Speedraser
To each is own, but not my thing. Aston paint generally is stunning, with extraordinary depth and gloss. This obviously has neither. Looks like it's still in primer.
Agreed

Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WG_moots
My dealer said they are only getting two 2013 V12Vs and both are this matte black Carbon edition.

Anybody else have info on 2013 V12V allocation?
Correction, the matte black Carbon edition V12Vs at the local AM dealership will be 2012 models. According to them, there will be no 2013 V12V for the North American market.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
Correction, the matte black Carbon edition V12Vs at the local AM dealership will be 2012 models. According to them, there will be no 2013 V12V for the North American market.
I'm not sure what markets the matt black are for - I don't think they are for the UK market as there has been no publicity for or sightings of same

There are apparently no V12Vs currently in the system for build after Jan and the Jan build cars seem to be 'accelerated' in many instances for Dec build

One assumes there will be an announcement in Jan or shortly thereafter that V12V, at least in it's current form, is over. Whether they will announce an immediate replacement/upgraded version or not is difficult to tell - if there is to be an immediate direct replacement, other than a run-out special edition, the possibilities are an engine upgrade based on DB9/Vanquish (which I also find unlikely as it will be even more of a squeeze), or perhaps a sports shift version (TT auto is documented as not fitting but of course SS takes up the same space as a stick manual).

This is all clutching at straws and the most obvious answer is that there will be no immediate replacement - one assumes if an 'all new' vantage is imminent, i.e. with new body panels or interior, the V8 version (or equivalent) will be launched first, but of course it's just possible they do it the other way round for the Halo effect.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
No 2013 V12V for the US is my understanding as well.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
I was told yesterday that it's due to emission law issues....but they will likely to return in 2014 or 2015 after some changes. But I don't quite understand it because it's the same engine in DBS, right?

Originally Posted by Speedraser
No 2013 V12V for the US is my understanding as well.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I was told the V12 Vantage was a limited run car and bought one because of that. They have already built 1037 or so cars.

If they keep building more, I will be done with the brand. Build a new platform and release a V12 on that, sure. But they can't tell people they are purchasing a limited run car and then just keep running it. Not if they want our loyalty.

So I'm hoping they are done and tooling up a whole new car.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 AM
jonby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by black penguin
I was told the V12 Vantage was a limited run car and bought one because of that. They have already built 1037 or so cars.

If they keep building more, I will be done with the brand. Build a new platform and release a V12 on that, sure. But they can't tell people they are purchasing a limited run car and then just keep running it. Not if they want our loyalty.

So I'm hoping they are done and tooling up a whole new car.
they have messed up but could have built the same number of cars, marketed differently, without the problem

intially it was to be 1,000 max, to a variety of markets, that excluded the UK. I'm not sure if Canada was also excluded at that time

Then they were able to sell in america, something they initially thought couldn't be done due to regulations

if they had stated they were sticking to the 1,000 limit for the markets it was initially marketed to and launched say a 'v12 america' model, limited for arguments sake to 250, the initial purchasers would have been happy the 1,000 limit still appplied, becuase I believe that they haven't made more than 1,000 for those initial markets and the american customers would have been happy

classic case of it's not what you do, but how you market it - it's all about perception..........

Old 12-18-2012, 01:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I thought you guys liked the cars, now all worried about limited runs ... Aston is gonna do what they can to sell cars. Sure there might be a few "special editions" but in the end the days of 40 or 50 a la Ferrari v12's from the 50's, Porsche 550 Spyder, etc... production cars is long gone. Look at all the late model cars, Ferrari pumping out 360s, 430s, 458s, Aston with it's cars, same with Lambo and Porsche (with the exception of the Lp 670SV for Lambo and 918 Spyder for Porsche, which are true limited cars)...times are different...everyone wants to move product. Earnings = cash and we all know cash = king

Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Sorry Sunir, but I don't agree in this instance.

If you sell a car saying its going to be a limited run, then you LIMIT the run. You do your homework ahead of time.

If you want to sell as many cars as possible, then you do that. But you can't expect people to plunk down 200k for car that was supposed to be a limited run and then change your mind midstream, and expect them to trust you the next time.

To be clear ALL Aston Martins are limited runs by normal standards. Ferrari sold near as many 458's as Aston did cars last year.

A small car manufacturer like Aston survives on its reputation and keeping your word is a big part of that.

I LOVE my car, but part of the appeal is that it's no longer available.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Matte Black V12V pics