Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

High mileage Vantage V8-issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:03 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
1. Even though the timing cover leak was likely fixed not this one in the past, it is likely to start leaking again. Several owners here have reported that theirs is now leaking again. So count on that probably happening again.

2. Clutch life left ---- it will need a clutch likely either now, or within 20k miles. You are looking I think at around 5k-8k for a new one. Most people are going with the Velocity v12 clutch and having those installed.

3. Thats about all I would worry about. Yes at some point the shocks will need replacing and they aren't cheap, and then plugs, ALL fluids etc.....

Biggest thing is price---- Guessing here, but I wouldn't pay anything over upper 30's for a car with that mileage. Likely low 30's. I bet the dealer doesn't have over 35k in it. Possibly even less. For low to mid 40's you can find a several year newer car, with less than 30k miles on it. Unless a screaming deal, then add 5k + to your dollar amount and get a low mileage one. You will have the same or similar maintenance not those.

Thanks for the reply!
My thoughts are basically the same. But i want to ask the dealer for all the service records to see exactly what work they performed over the last couple years. The car was serviced at dealer that's selling. Maybe with a little luck some things (sans oil leak) are already addressed.

The car is $38K. And i'm not looking at it just because of the price, im looking because its in the area, color combo and 6spd!!!!!. Unfortunately I am not the type of person that has desire/ability to buy a vehicle across the country. So when perfect combo comes up in the driving distance to me, i want to go for it.
I want to daily drive it like i did with my carrera and at that price i would not care. Spending 80K on something thats 2015 or 2016 i would go mad over every door ding.
I'm going to try and see the car in next few days. Just wondering if i can trust the AM dealer or need to take it somewhere else for PPI.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
If that car has an annual service from AM, I don't think miles count except for resale value.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I was just in Detroit - A private owner is selling a 15 Vantage GT 6 speed with 15,000 miles in Autotrader for $68K!

Old 09-25-2017, 03:02 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Thanks for the reply!
My thoughts are basically the same. But i want to ask the dealer for all the service records to see exactly what work they performed over the last couple years. The car was serviced at dealer that's selling. Maybe with a little luck some things (sans oil leak) are already addressed.

The car is $38K. And i'm not looking at it just because of the price, im looking because its in the area, color combo and 6spd!!!!!. Unfortunately I am not the type of person that has desire/ability to buy a vehicle across the country. So when perfect combo comes up in the driving distance to me, i want to go for it.
I want to daily drive it like i did with my carrera and at that price i would not care. Spending 80K on something thats 2015 or 2016 i would go mad over every door ding.
I'm going to try and see the car in next few days. Just wondering if i can trust the AM dealer or need to take it somewhere else for PPI.
IF they are asking 38k, I would almost bet they have less than 35k in it. Most likely around 32k. I would offer if you like it 33k out the door. They will likely laugh at that. Then ask them for an offer back. They hit them 2k lower than that. You will end up around 35k or so. But walk away or get them to throw in a service or something. Problem is, 5k more would put you in a 1-2 year newer car, with 20k miles or more less than that. You would have the same issues regardless likely. Email Rich at Redpants.lol and see if he will help you on the price thing. He bought a 07' with around 40k miles I think and I think the guy had offered it on here for 39k. So not sure what he paid, but he can likely give you the best idea.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:07 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the info and feedback guys. I'll take a look at the car and see what maintenance records show. But now thinking and leaning towards something newer a year or two if one shows up in the area.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
.....Email Rich at Redpants.lol and see if he will help you on the price thing. He bought a 07' with around 40k miles I think and I think the guy had offered it on here for 39k. So not sure what he paid, but he can likely give you the best idea.
Thanks for the info!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Benoded is on a distinguished road
I recently purchased a 2008 V8 Vantage one year ago with 70,000 miles. I drive a lot so I have recently put another 11,000 miles on this car in that year and the car is been amazing. With the car now having 81,000 miles it’s been nothing but a pleasure and has have very little problems. I had to replace a belt pulley Due to a coolant line leak from a hose that damage the bearings on the pulley. The only other two problems I have had was needing a new oxygen sensor on the right side and a new high-pressure switch for the air-conditioner. I drive this car very hard I take it monthly to Las Vegas from Los Angeles it’s extremely comfortable and has all the creature comfort’s of a new car..My car is tip-Tronic I never use it in automatic mode I only use the paddles exclusively. Since I saved so much money buying a higher mileage vantage I decided to redo my interior and bring it up to date. I also recommend for anyone that has an older vantage and wants the pair they’re iPhone to play music this device works amazingly.

Bovee 1000 Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for in Car iPod Integration
Amazon Amazon

Here’s a link to some photos let me know what you think.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FPTTWP7EEiNoEtd82