Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMOC East 2013 Calendar of Events

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
AMOC East 2013 Calendar of Events

From Charles Rose, Board Member Aston Martin Owners Club (AMOC) East

Dear Aston Martin friends,

Attached is our current roster of AMOC NA East activities planned to date for 2013 .

As you may already be aware, this year is the 100th year of Aston Martin with many exciting activities already planned both here and abroad .

One of particular note that Kathy Gaffney is working with us on is the AMOC London Trip in July, including the Aston Martin factory tour, Aston Martin hosted gala centennial dinner and AMOC concours at Kensington palace. This promises to be a fantastic week with our UK friends. We will keep you posted!

We hope to see you at one or several of our events this year. They are always great fun.

Please stay tuned for more details and additional activities and events in the works.

All the best, Charles Rose

2013 Events Listing
January 8
AMOC Canada Pub Night @ ‘The Jolly Miller’ – 7:00 p.m, contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

January 26
Annual AMOC Canada East AGM and Winter Dinner: Location TBA
contact Tom Appleton promptly of you intentions, please: tea@cogeco.ca

January 26
AMOC at Cavallino—Palm Beach Florida
AMOC members’ dinner held at the Palm Beach Yacht Club on the Saturday before the Classic Sports Sunday, Mar a Lago, Palm Beach, Contact Russell Glace reglac@aol.com

January 27
Classic Sports Sunday—Palm Beach Florida
AMOC gathering along with other classis sports cars at Mar a Lago Resort, Palm Beach, Florida, benefitting American Society for the Blind contact Russell Glace reglac@aol.com

February 9
AMOC Winter Warm-Up –TBA (Chicagoland) Illinois
An AMOC members dinner held while your Aston sleeps to renew old club acquaintances or make new ones. Contact Henry Matson henry.matson@gmail.com

February 12
AMOC Canada Pub Night - West location TBA, contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

February 24
AMOC at Boca Raton Concours—Boca Raton, Florida, Bentley is the featured marque at this fund-raiser Concours in South Florida Contact Russell Glace reglac@aol.com

March 8
AMOC at the Amelia Island Festival of Speed and Concours —Amelia Island Florida. An AMOC members’ lunch to be held on Saturday March 9 of the Amelia Island Concours Weekend at the Amelia Island Plantation in conjunction with the Festivals of Speed in celebration of 100 years of Aston Martin. Contact Tom Smith amocts@gmail.com

March 20
AMOC at Wheels Across the Pond Concours, Jupiter, Florida—Aston Martin is the featured marque at this regional show held in North Palm Beach area of Jupiter, Florida Contact Russell Glace, reglac@aol.com

March 12
AMOC Canada Pub Night – Jolly Miller 7:00 p.m. contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

April 9
AMOC Canada Pub Night - West location TBA, contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

April 12-14
AMOC Eastern Pennsylvania Spring Meet—time and location TBA
Contact Len Levin levin2391@verizon.net

May 5
AMOC Chicago Yacht Club Car Show – Chicago, IllinoisAMOC Midwest club meet at the Chicago Yacht Club in the Monroe Street Harbor on Chicago’s lake front. Contact Henry Matson henry.matson@gmail.com

May 14
AMOC Canada Pub Night – Jolly Miller 7:00 p.m., contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

May 25
AMOC Canada East—Annual Spring Drive, TBC, contact Tom Appleton tea@cogeco.ca

June 1
AMOC Canada Rendezvous British Québec – British Car Day Quebec City, preceded or followed by a drive thru the Laurentians or the Townships. (TBC), contact Tom Appleton tea@cogeco.ca

June 11
AMOC Canada Pub Night West TBA, contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

June 15
AMOC Canada Detailing Clinic – with Tim Deakon—contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

June 8
Aston Martin Special Display at Ault Park Concours– Cincinnati, Ohio. Premier Concours with special display for Aston Martin and its 100th Anniversary. Contact Tom Smith amocts@gmail.com

June 27-30
AMOC East Lime Rock – Interlaken Inn, Lakeville, CT, The AMOC East premier event. A multi-day event including a concours, racing at Lime Rock race track, and a drive through the wilds of upstate New York. Contact Jim Hazen jwhazen@thedriverssociety.com

July 9
AMOC Canada Pub Night East TBA, contact Tom Appleton tea@cogeco.ca

July 17-21
AMOC London Trip—AMOC North America will travel to London for the UK’s Centenary Event featuring an AM Factory Tour, AM-hosted gala dinner and culminating with the AMOC Concours at Kensington Palace….details in the works….contact Kathy Gaffney kathygaffney1@gmail.com

July 19-21
The Hawk with Brian Redman (Formerly Kohler International Challenge) – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Our Midwest premier event. Track touring at Road America, country drive, and members dinner in Elkhart
Lake. Saturday concours with drinks and hors d’oeuvres in Elkhart Lake sponsored by the AMOC and Lake Forest Sports Cars. Contact Henry Matson henry.matson@gmail.com

Aug 10-11
American Le Mans Series & Grand Am – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, ALMS & Grand Am Race at Road America. Contact Henry Matson henry.matson@gmail.com

Aug 13
AMOC Canada Pub Night East, TBA contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

Aug 24
Milwaukee Masterpiece – Milwaukee, Wisconsin Car club day at the Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours, Contact Henry Matson, henry.matson@gmail.com

Aug 25
AMOC Canada BBQ—at Sheehan’s, contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

Aug 30-Sept 2
AMOC at the Lime Rock Vintage Festival, Lime Rock CT, Aston Martin will be featured at the 2013 Lime Rock Park Vintage Festival (http://www.limerock.com) Celebrating the event will be both vintage and modern Astons, pre-war to Vanquish. The A3, one of the earliest examples will be on display from the UK and the goal is to have 100 Astons for 100 years of the marque. Contact Jim Hazen, jwhazen@thedriverssociety.com

Sept 10
AMOC Canada Pub Night West TBA contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

Sept 8
Chicago British Car Festival – Palatine, Illinois, All British car show. Contact Henry Matson henry.matson@gmail.com

Sept 9
AMOC at the Radnor Hunt Concours—premier Concours event in Radnor, PA (http://www.radnorconcours.org) contact Len Levin levin2391@verizon.net

Sept 9
AMOC Canada Tour/Overnight to Niagara contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

Sept 15
AMOC Canada British Car Day – Bronte Conservation Area, contact Tom Appleton tea@cogeco.ca

Sept 28/29
AMOC Canada Annual Muskoka Fall Colours Drive & boat tour on RMS Segwun Contact Tom Appleton, tea@cogeco.ca

Oct 8
AMOC Canada Pub Night East tba Tom Appleton tea@cogeco.ca

Nov 12
AMOC Canada Pub Night West tba Tom Appleton tea@cogeco.ca

December 6
AMOC Annual Holiday Luncheon – Le Perigord, New York City.
Contact Jim Hazen jwhazen@thedriverssociety.com

Ongoing AMOC Chicagoland Pub Night – Continuing our 4th Thursday of the month informal meetings at a pub spot near O’Hare for dinner and conversation. Restarting on February 23, monthly through October 25. Contact Henry Matson henry.matson@gmail.com

Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Not much near me in Detroit then Axa!

There is a show near me called the Battle of the Brits that I usually see a few Astons at. It's run by Detroit Triumph club, and is usually in early September - although it was cancelled last year due to a location dispute!

We also have the Woodward Dream Cruise, this year it will be on August 17th. I usually see a few Aston there too, but it would be a great event if something organized could be sorted out for the brand - like most others seem to do that weekend.

FF

Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Any activities on west coast???

Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FatFrank
Not much near me in Detroit then Axa!

There is a show near me called the Battle of the Brits that I usually see a few Astons at. It's run by Detroit Triumph club, and is usually in early September - although it was cancelled last year due to a location dispute!

We also have the Woodward Dream Cruise, this year it will be on August 17th. I usually see a few Aston there too, but it would be a great event if something organized could be sorted out for the brand - like most others seem to do that weekend.

FF
I was thinking the same thing. not only is there nothing in the Detroit area there is even less on the east side of the tri county area compared to the west side of it in terms of meets or car shows.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
Wondering the same....

Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
Well Doctor, there is the continual cruising that goes on everyday between Laguna and Newport Beach.......hard to beat that if you're lucky enough to live in that area!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Wow, how cool!!!

Well Doctor, there is the continual cruising that goes on everyday between Laguna and Newport Beach.......hard to beat that if you're lucky enough to live in that area!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by shadowhusky
I was thinking the same thing. not only is there nothing in the Detroit area there is even less on the east side of the tri county area compared to the west side of it in terms of meets or car shows.
Shadow,
Perhaps there is enough of us locally to nominate an unnoficial area for park up during this years Woodward Cruise. There is at least you, me, and Dan in the area.

FF

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM
shadowhusky will become famous soon enough
Shadow,
Perhaps there is enough of us locally to nominate an unnoficial area for park up during this years Woodward Cruise. There is at least you, me, and Dan in the area.

FF

Yes, we will have to keep on top of that idea when the Dream Cruise comes around this year.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I like a few of those...

- Eastern PA spring meet
- The Aston event at Lime Rock
- and of course the trip to England... whose up for that one? Anybody going for sure.

Also DonL is our West Coast AMOC Liason for the forum and AXARUNNER is for the East Coast.

AXARUNNER, excellent post, nicely done. I will sticky this one so please add to as more info, updates, or details become available. You can keep adding to the orig post #1 or simply update along the trhead with the discussion as it unfolds - lets keep this thread on track, discussing the events only as they pertain to AMOC and ourselves as AM owners/enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
+1 on West Coast activities. Do we even have a AMOC manager out here? I looked at the application and it says dude lives in Manhattan Beach.

East has a FB page and tons of events, pretty sure with our weather we could MAYBE just maybe have an event too, if it doesn't rain.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I just got the brochure for this year's Pebble Beach Drive. It's ~$8k per couple if anyone is interested. PM me your email address. The PDF is 1.2mb and the site won't let me upload over the limit of 1mb.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Aston Martin to be featured marque at the Simeone Foundation Museum

ASTON MARTIN to be featured marque at Simeone Foundation Museum Best of Britain Exhibit
The Simeone Foundation has announced a Best of Britain exhibit from Saturday, March 23 thru Sunday, April 14.

Aston Martin will be featured in recognition of the 100th anniversary of the marque.

While other British marques will also be on display, it is intended that Aston Martin cars will be predominant.

__________________________________________________ ______________

To achieve this goal, AMOC members are invited to display our Astons. All models are of interest with the possible exception of current models.

While DB4,5 and 6 are of special interest, Astons up to and including DB7 and Vanquish will be considered.

Your car will be shown in an indoor exhibit area, inside the museum.

The Simeone Foundation will provide full insurance coverage during the 3 week show period.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Owners of the Astons selected to be shown will receive some perks, including a complimentary pass to the museum,

a complimentary invitation to the Launch Party on Friday, March 22, and more. Lance Evans is a scheduled speaker at the Launch Party.

The Simeone Museum has a world renown collection of automobiles that were designed and used for the sport of automobile racing.

This collection has often been compared to the automotive equivalent of the Barnes Foundation art collection.

One might say that having your Aston exhibited at a special show at the Simeone is comparable to having your Renoir or Van Gogh, etc.

shown at a special show at the Barnes or Philadelphia Museum of Art.

To indicate your interest, please contact Harry Hurst at the Simeone Foundation. The show is less than 8 weeks away.

There is a selection process to go through, so it is advisable to act as soon as possible.

HARRY HURST: (610) 725-9600 harry@simeonemuseum.org

Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Removed sticky since 2013 is over. If there's a new calendar for 2014, let me know and I'll sticky that one.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by telum01
Removed sticky since 2013 is over. If there's a new calendar for 2014, let me know and I'll sticky that one.
You should remove the Centennary sticky as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMOC East 2013 Calendar of Events