Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

BMW Performance 200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
BMW Performance 200

Anybody see this race on Saturday? There were at least 3 Vantages in the race and one was in the lead off and on. It was fun watching the car race without the prototypes in the mix and also on the banks at Daytona. They finished 3,4 and I believe 7th.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
There were 6 entries for Aston at the BMW Performance 200. It was awesome seeing them run and the other teams were saying they were so fast they were hard to keep up with. The only way they could pass them was by slingshotting them in the draft. One thing that also struck me was how much smaller a Vantage looks next to the Mustangs and Camaros on the track.

BTW: the Continental Tire series is different from the Rolex series even though they are both part of Grand Am Racing, so you will never see them racing alongside Daytona Prototype cars.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 PM
AMR Power is on a distinguished road
I also agree that it was great seeing those Astons was great. Hopefully as the season progresses, the R&D will get better and we'll start seeing Astons on the podium. Perhaps a 1-2-3 finish.