Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My AMV8!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Good advice from Mikey as always but don't forget that style of SP alloy could still be ordered as an option and if the start up is Pure A.M it's likely to be an 11MY, best way to check is via the Vin, check the 10th digit, if it's a B it's an 11MY, A=10, 9=09 etc.. Get the parcel shelf out and get testing

Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
10th digit is indeed B. Can't wait to get home this weekend and try it out.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Grant3
That is one stunning car, congratulations.

Top tip... You won't hear much difference fuse in or out if the car isn't under load. In order to test out the V8 sound to best effect, take the rear parcel shelf out and go for a drive... it's a free sports exhaust! If yours is a 2011MY car, it should be boot fuse 15, try it in and out (with shelf out) and let us know what you think.
very true. it's amazing how much of a difference the parcel shelf makes.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 PM
ZuSchnell is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the Aston, I still love mine

Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Dave,

I assume you are sure your car does in fact have the Sports Pack (not just the SP wheels). Do you know if your car originally came with those wheels (my favorite Vantage wheel, BTW)? Those were the only SP wheels for MY09 (they started on the V8V with the '08 N400). For MY10, you could choose either those or the new 10-spoke wheels (like Mikey's) with the SP. For MY11 and later, only the 10-spoke SP wheel was listed on the options list for the SP. The split 5-spoke wheel (your wheel) was still available as an "Accessory."

Gorgeous car!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the window sticker says sport pack. I missed a couple of options off the list in my first post like the sport package, premium audio and sportshift. The previous owner really spec'd it up, over $20k in options and all good ones!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Excellent -- the Sports Pack is superb.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Pulled fuse 15 this morning and took it for a drive, much better!

You were right, not much of a difference at idle but a clear difference between 2-4k rpm, it sounds glorious

Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^^ that's because, at idle, the exhaust flaps are open regardless of fuse in or out.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM
This may be a stupid question but..... where on earth do you store the owners manual inside the car?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:23 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
This may be a stupid question but..... where on earth do you store the owners manual inside the car?
Either in the glovebox or the little pouch on the back of the seat

Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM
For some reason it won't fit in the glovebox, maybe I need to try it again.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
For some reason it won't fit in the glovebox, maybe I need to try it again.
You have to lay it horizontal at an angle to make it work!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
You have to lay it horizontal at an angle to make it work!
Ah ha! Thanks

I guess I failed AM's built in IQ test

Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
charles06 is on a distinguished road
How sad is it that I'm looking at these photos thinking, "This has to be FL. And it looks just like Orlando."? Then I read through the posts...

Car looks great!! Congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My AMV8!