Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My AMV8!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
My AMV8!

Decided to move on from the last two cars, the GT-R. Not that it's a bad car in any way, in fact it was superb, just felt it was time for a change. I ended up with a 2011 Aston Martin V8 Vantage with over $20k in options for a ludicrously good deal; I actually got the car for less than the trade value and got 95% of the money back on my '13 GTR.

The car is Titanium, has N400 sills, polished grill, silver vents, silver calipers, clear lights, nav, satellite radio and a few more things. I feel like I did *very* well out of the deal especially for a car with only 4k miles and I'm thrilled to bits with it

I did try pulling fuses 15 and 22 to test the exhaust (I believe it's 15 on the '11's) but noticed no difference at all when revving it at standstill. Should I notice a major difference at idle/startup or only when I'm actually getting on it?

Attached Images        
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful Aston! Congrats and lets get some video on that thing

Old 02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
blayne is on a distinguished road
You really won't notice a big difference with the fuse 22 until you rev it up. You will definitely notice though when you are driving and/or rev it up. Congrats on a beautiful car. Enjoy!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
Flawless! I love the interior stitching!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
gorgeous car, congrats!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Very Nice!
That is a Fuse 22 car (not 15)
You got a sport pack version as well
Get some clutch learns done on the ASM1 box to improve it

Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikey k
Very Nice!
That is a Fuse 22 car (not 15)
You got a sport pack version as well
Get some clutch learns done on the ASM1 box to improve it
Really? I thought 2011 cars were fuse 15.

Sport pack was a must have for me, forgot to list it in the spec. I've done a few learns, to be honest it's never going to be great compares to the gtr or pdk boxes but it's tolerable

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's the Vantage S that is different. I have no idea though as I just had the dealer do it for me so it doesn't throw an internal code.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Nifty ride. Which part of FL are you in? Want to know if I'll see you sporting around.

I love everything about my '08 except that I often wonder what some extra hp and torque would be like...

Well congrats on that one. Always feels good to get a good deal.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm in Orlando but drive between Tampa and Orlando quite often.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
It's funny here in Orlando: The valets at the places I go act as though they've never seen a Vantage...which is fine except that we're in a city with its own AM dealer. It's about 50/50 on whether they know how the parking brake works.

Of course, I'm not complaining, I love that our cars aren't just exotic, they're rare.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
That is one stunning car, congratulations.

Top tip... You won't hear much difference fuse in or out if the car isn't under load. In order to test out the V8 sound to best effect, take the rear parcel shelf out and go for a drive... it's a free sports exhaust! If yours is a 2011MY car, it should be boot fuse 15, try it in and out (with shelf out) and let us know what you think.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Really? I thought 2011 cars were fuse 15.

Sport pack was a must have for me, forgot to list it in the spec. I've done a few learns, to be honest it's never going to be great compares to the gtr or pdk boxes but it's tolerable
It's not a MY11 car even though it may have been registered then (quite common with Aston and there is often overlap on specs between model years)
The fuse 15 started on the V12V, then the S & other V8s

Looks great though!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM
What constitutes a my11 then? It even says it on the window sticker! I have the pure aston Martin on start up too which I thought was only 11's and onwards. It's not a big deal but I'd be curious to know what specifically changed between 10 & 11.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
AM are a bit inconsistent in model year changes
IME it is fuse 22 on cars with those sport pack wheels and fuse 15 on the later sport pack wheels (like I have)
I wasn't sure on my S so I experimented Fuse 22 made no difference, but with 22 in and 15 left out the valves are always open. It was 22 on my last Vantage which had the sports pack like yours.
Best thing to do it try both

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My AMV8!