Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Heated seat will not turn off on v8v

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
clint_lonestar is on a distinguished road
Heated seat will not turn off on v8v

The heating element on my drivers side seat will not turn off . The switch for this option is selected on the " off " position and is not illuminated. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated , thanks

Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Assume your switch is shorted out. You'll want to disconnect power to the switch ASAP to keep the heating element from staying on as that could burn out the element or even damage the leather on the seat if left on long enough. I've not taken one apart so I'm doing this on a guess, but if you can pull the switch up and away from the seat base to access the wires, then just disconnect the plug from the switch to de-activate. Then you can test the switch or replace it.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Are you 100% sure that it's on? Mine gets so toasty while driving that I was convinced it must be stuck on. I went under the seat and unplugged it and it was still warm. It turns out that the seats are almost directly over the exhaust cats so it gets warm from that.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:18 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Karl has a point feel the temperature of the carpet
If its stuck on with the light off it may well be a stuck relay rather than a short switch
It is bad practice to switch that much current through a small switch

Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
The element has a thermistor, therefore it will regulate the voltage not to burnt the fabrics even if the system faults and the element is stuck on..but depending on the exterior ambient temp(how hot it is outside)..the seat heaters will not even come on while requested..(+18C no chance)..

it really is a stupid question, but like some have said be sure the element is getting hot..unplug it and see if there is a difference in temp(or just measure the voltage while turned off)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-16-2013, 05:44 PM
clint_lonestar is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all of the recommendations. I'm fairly certain the heater switch is just busted. I pulled fuse 60 and that seemed to do the trick . I was expecting this fix to also disable the power seat motor but it hasn't . I'll have it properly fixed at my next annual service , living in Texas I won't miss heated seats .