Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leno drives the Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Leno drives the Vanquish

Jay Leno recently reviewed the new Vanquish:

What do you think?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I like it. The color is a bit much but it shows the lines well and the interior is amazing.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I love the color, looks great!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
I like it. The color is a bit much but it shows the lines well and the interior is amazing.
This.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I like that color on the XJR-S, not as much on the V.

Funny to watch the driving segment. I know every inch of all of those roads since that's right near my former office and I used to do lunch rides (bicycle) often. Stopped riding that route by the horse properties because of the high speed traffic. Ha!

I love that AM is making that car and I love that it gets such a warm endorsement from Leno.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a fan as well. My only complaint is the mustash-looking front. But I would still buy on and get the front customized.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
amazing, I think Jay Leno downplayed how well it would do on a track, but he emphasized the street usability of it.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ice350
I'm a fan as well. My only complaint is the mustash-looking front. But I would still buy on and get the front customized.
How bad *** would it be if the driver got out and had matching facial hair?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The vanq has gotten the blessings of Jay "the Chin" Leno! now all they need is rappers to put it on rap videos to promote sales

c'mon Aston, enough with the fake smiles, do what Porsche does and go out and win some races, get some true enthusiast buyers and manufacturer's championship if you dare!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I find it amusing that Leno tries to show enthusiasm for the new Vanquish when he owns a One-77. That's like trying to get excited about a Boxster S when you have a Carrera GT in the garage at home.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
by far some of the best commentary about the Vanquish (and AMs in general) that I've heard in a very, very long time. paraphrasing: there are faster cars, there are more powerful cars, but that's not the point. this one is fast, it does everything briskly, it's gorgeous, and it's as wonderful to drive as it is to look at.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
by far some of the best commentary about the Vanquish (and AMs in general) that I've heard in a very, very long time. paraphrasing: there are faster cars, there are more powerful cars, but that's not the point. this one is fast, it does everything briskly, it's gorgeous, and it's as wonderful to drive as it is to look at.
Refreshing indeed.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by telum01

I dare say, it is is this very perspective that we all share. Why we're all in Astons and not [fill in the car you'd have if only it was more like an Aston Martin]

Old 02-15-2013, 04:58 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I drove the new Vanquish for about 1/2 a day last month.

It is absolutely an awesome car, and does draw a lot of attention on the road, or even if park it at a hotel. I agree with Jay's opinions.

But, to me, the downside is why a carbon fibre body is necessary for a street car, other than saving some weight, I found the car a bit too that could scrape going up an inclined driveway/speed bumps. Surprised it does not offer an air front suspension, like a GT3. You sit very low in the car, and if a passenger is about 5'2", or shorter, they will not see out of the windshield. The passenger seat does not adjust higher because the seat air bag.

If had 300K burning in my pocket - would I buy one. I don't know. Probably not for reasons mentioned earlier. Plus would want to take it on the track, and believe it is bit too heavy, even with all the carbon fibre.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mto
. . . to me, the downside is why a carbon fibre body is necessary for a street car, other than saving some weight . . .
Why is a carbon fiber body a downside? It is needed on this car to save weight -- it's already a heavy car.

I like Jay, but I still can't help but focus on his clothes in these videos. Does he wear the same shirt and pants every day, or does he own tons of the same shirts/pants? It's really a bit odd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leno drives the Vanquish