Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Proper Value V12V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Proper Value V12V

I'l state on the outset I am a Bentley owner(GTC) but love the Astons. I posted with you guys one other time about my drive in an 09' V8V which was quite a car. Well this post is about the 2011 V12 V Black Ed. at the dealership now in knoxville Tn. It has 6k miles on it and they are asking $159K. Is that about right? I thought it sounded a little high. The sales man said it stickered for 208'800.

What do you guy think?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Did they make a black edition in 2011?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
2011's should be able to be purchased around $145,000... regardless if it's a carbon black edition or not. If you truly like the car, hit him with a deal @ $10K less than what he wants and negotiate from there (IMO). Since cars are typically depreciating assets, that V12 Vantage is loosing value on a daily basis whilst sitting on the dealer lot. It will depreciate even faster though after you purchase it and start pilling on the mileage. I'm seriously in the market for a V12 Vantage... but I may wait another 12 months before I pull the trigger and buy one. The more desirable year is 2012 and that's what I'll be buying when it's my time.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
I think you have some room to bargain down. I bought a brand new 2012 V12V with $30k off of MSRP ~$200k, so a used 2011 should be much less.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Thanks guys that sounds about right. I don't really have room for the car and am not sure I would want to trade the Bentley but as a second car any AM is high on the list.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
The more desirable year is 2012 and that's what I'll be buying when it's my time.
Other than it being one year newer, why would the '12MY be "more desirable"?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
EnataiV12V is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Other than it being one year newer, why would the '12MY be "more desirable"?
I have a MY2012 and I think the only big difference is the garmin Nav as compared to the old version. The last few V12s becoming available now have the auto headlamps, auto wipers and updated display...where the trip computer is on the right and mph is on the left

Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ hardly seems like enough differences to pass over a 2011 for a 2012.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
How do these V12 Vantages compare to the Porsche 911's that everyone raves over? I'm nearly sick of the crowd that worships the German "King". I'm a bit pro British if you had not guessed and I'm ready to see an Aston embarrass the Porsche.

Hope I have not offended anyone.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:12 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Totally different car. The Aston in my opinion is much more refined, sound a LOT better, and is somewhat unique where you don't see one every few miles. I also think the Vantage looks a lot better as well.

Porsche are great cars though. Very well built, quick, fun to drive, and no matter what model or year you buy, they all look the same to the non-enthusiast eye .

Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM
I hate to say this but the nav system and controls are the worse I have seen in any luxury cars. Not only are the buttons and controls located poorly ergonomically, they are confusing and really don't make sense at all.

Buy the V12V because you love driving a V12 manual hear the engine rumble, the NAV and dash controls WILL suck....lol

Originally Posted by EnataiV12V
I have a MY2012 and I think the only big difference is the garmin Nav as compared to the old version. The last few V12s becoming available now have the auto headlamps, auto wipers and updated display...where the trip computer is on the right and mph is on the left

Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Agreed nav and instruments on AM leave a lot ot be desired. AM stirres the sould, they are beautiful, no car has as much presence and class just exuding style. They are the ultimate GT, and they feel wonderful to drive. They are very different cars than Porsche though, My DB and my GT2 are worlds different...and thats why they are both complimentary, not competitive

Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks fellows I think the AM is worlds above the 911 for style and sound. The V8V I drove was quite an eye opener and sounded like sex and looked just as well. I thought the ride was a bit more comfortable than the 911 also. I still don't lnow if the Vantage would make a great DD?

BTW the sat/NAV in my Bentley sucks. If I had seen a BD9 at the same time as the GTC I may have gone the other way. All in all since i put 15K per year on my car I needed a GT style car as a DD.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
LOL, I didn't think the NAV and interface can get any worse! I have the B&O sound upgrade in my V12V, that's actually really good despite and awkward controls!

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Thanks fellows I think the AM is worlds above the 911 for style and sound. The V8V I drove was quite an eye opener and sounded like sex and looked just as well. I thought the ride was a bit more comfortable than the 911 also. I still don't lnow if the Vantage would make a great DD?

BTW the sat/NAV in my Bentley sucks. If I had seen a BD9 at the same time as the GTC I may have gone the other way. All in all since i put 15K per year on my car I needed a GT style car as a DD.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
LOL, I didn't think the NAV and interface can get any worse! I have the B&O sound upgrade in my V12V, that's actually really good despite and awkward controls!
My car is a late build 07 and the nab is from who knows when. Bentley just recently upgraded to average electronics. At least the Brits know how to cut up cows and restitch them back together as seats and stuff.

The stock stereo is ok if you don't mind the tank size CD changer that fills the whole glove box.

The Aston motor sound glorious and the Bentley not as much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proper Value V12V