Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Proper Value V12V

Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I love everything about the Bentley CGT except for one little thing I just cannot seem to get over. it's the gear shifter surround, gate, and that area. It's identical to a VW jetta auto trans, look the exact same. Seeing that every day would get on my nerves. Other that that the W12 is a beast!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ I love everything about the Bentley CGT except for one little thing I just cannot seem to get over. it's the gear shifter surround, gate, and that area. It's identical to a VW jetta auto trans, look the exact same. Seeing that every day would get on my nerves. Other that that the W12 is a beast!
Ah ha there is my advantage mate. I have never been in a VW Jetta. Ignorance has finally paid off for me. I knew it would if I just remained that way.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ I had an ex girlfriend whom we both went when she got her new 2008 Jetta atfter she was t-boned destroyed her new camry hybrid toward the end of summer of that year, I helped her pick it out and negotiate a deal and so forth. It was red with tan interior, real nice car for her, and the shifter I remember it distinctly. It was an automatic. A year or so later when I went to check out a Bentley GT there it was again, that SAME shifter! Exactly as I had remebered it! haha!!!! I just couldn't get over why that same exact shifter would be there, from a Jetta to a Bentley. Other than that the Bentley is incredible in every way. It's heavy but very fast and very comfy!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Sunir i went to the VW dealership this weekend to see the new Jetta's and the shifter did not look the same, thank God.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Sunir i went to the VW dealership this weekend to see the new Jetta's and the shifter did not look the same, thank God.
thats a good thing I just can't get that impression of my ex-gf's 2008 Jetta GL (or whatever it was) with that automatic shifter surround in the Bentley. If I got a Bentley I'd have that part removed and done in carbon fiber or something lol

Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
thats a good thing I just can't get that impression of my ex-gf's 2008 Jetta GL (or whatever it was) with that automatic shifter surround in the Bentley. If I got a Bentley I'd have that part removed and done in carbon fiber or something lol
Does the VW have a big black "B" on the shifter?? I have some similar feelings against the Volvo marca, the name sounds to much like the female genitalia and I just can't drive that.

Now the rest of the story. As I asked the salesman to show me a Jetta my wife and I walked over to it and noticed some type of advertising paper standup on the roof. Low and behold it was a Bentley GT minus the badging. After you speaking of the similarity of parts and then seeing the GT on top of the car I did get a weird chill.

I don't get to upset about the VW heritage but i'll get a tad ill if you cal it a Phaeton.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
^^^ That's too funny! I love VW and I love Bentley I just don't want to see VW-like parts in my Bentley ... especially on something like a shifter surround that sits smack dab in the center of the interior and something you see every time you drive the car lol !

How are the guys on the Bentley forum taking to the V8 version? Tiff Niedell still seems to prefer the W12, I think I would too! What a fabulous engine

Old 02-25-2013, 02:01 PM

How are the guys on the Bentley forum taking to the V8 version? Tiff Niedell still seems to prefer the W12, I think I would too! What a fabulous engine
Well lets say some of us are biting our tongues(fingers). Have you seen the other AM thread by trappedatut, "new to the forum buying a V8V"?

We have not broken down to that level but some have bragged so much on the new V8 that some older members with beloved W12s got a bit irritated but held comments to a polite level. We at Bentley truly do have a new "entry level" car. At this level$ of car ownership that idea is not uniformly well received.

How astute of you to recognize the parallel.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
^^^ I like the Bentley forum...good group over there. Some nice discussions and some really nice looking members cars.