Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Well crap.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
haha, that happened to me. Went in for an oil filter and got to talking about the V12V and did a short test drive and ran the numbers and ..... now I run around in a V12V. No regrets!!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
luckily, i'm going to Vegas this weekend and London (and probably Paris) in July, so i've got prior engagements keeping my money tied up. if not for those trips, i'd already have bought that DBS.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WG_moots
haha, that happened to me. Went in for an oil filter ..... now I run around in a V12V. No regrets!!
Same for me except I went in for an oil change. There's a reason they keep the service department close to the showroom.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I turned down a test drive in a Ferrari F430 the other day....afraid I might like it. NOTHING is more hazardous than test driving cars outside your pay grade.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Test drove a Veyron the other day...meh had to pass didn't like the regular swing out doors, prefer the swan doors of my Aston instead !

Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drcollie
I turned down a test drive in a Ferrari F430 the other day....afraid I might like it. NOTHING is more hazardous than test driving cars outside your pay grade.
I actually drove the Aston and the 430 on the same day, came away with the AM in the end

Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Yeah, I think we're all here because we like the "I don't know what" of the Astons rather than the purity of their performance. The Scud and the Superlegera impressed me, but I just don't see myself driving one for real. Seems more like a goof.

Now, Aston v Aston is tricky.

I keep telling myself to ignore you lot and focus on the fact that when I'm driving my allegedly slow and underpowered 4.3, I love every bit of it. Heads turn when I'm on the boulevard (and the freeway). The sound makes me happy when I punch it. The acceleration feels like plenty and usually is.

No doubt I'll try, and love the Sport Pack DB9 sitting at my dealer. But I'm already driving my dream car and like to remind myself of that. Would I love a DBS? Hell yeah. Would I love a V12V, more hell more yeah.

They are all awesome. More power to each one of you. I really love this brand and the people who "Get It"

Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Yeah, I think we're all here because we like the "I don't know what" of the Astons rather than the purity of their performance. The Scud and the Superlegera impressed me, but I just don't see myself driving one for real. Seems more like a goof.

Now, Aston v Aston is tricky.

I keep telling myself to ignore you lot and focus on the fact that when I'm driving my allegedly slow and underpowered 4.3, I love every bit of it. Heads turn when I'm on the boulevard (and the freeway). The sound makes me happy when I punch it. The acceleration feels like plenty and usually is.

No doubt I'll try, and love the Sport Pack DB9 sitting at my dealer. But I'm already driving my dream car and like to remind myself of that. Would I love a DBS? Hell yeah. Would I love a V12V, more hell more yeah.

They are all awesome. More power to each one of you. I really love this brand and the people who "Get It"
i agree with everything you've said. i haven't driven a Ferrari (yet) but i've driven a Lamborghini (hated it). the AM is the only car in the last several years that i *had to have*. before that, it was when i came back from Iraq in 2005 - had an '02 Subaru WRX. test drove an '05 STi and had to have it. i still love that car. had it until late last year and miss it all the time.

i've got a 4.3L V8V, too, and i absolutely love it. and, likewise, it was my dream car for the longest time. i've been fortunate enough to work my way into one. and just because i've reached the point that i can have my dream car, it doesn't mean i should stop dreaming!

my V8V isn't slow by any means, but it also isn't stock, either. the reason i'm considering the DBS isn't because i'm unhappy with my V8V. rather, it's partly because it's an even better version of a car i love, and partly because it's one of the last of its kind. companies simply aren't making V12/manual transmission cars anymore.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:05 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I guess I just like dancing with the devil:

So I spent an hour just now, hanging out in the local AM showroom. I'm not sure yet if having it 10 minutes from my office is a blessing or a curse.

While I'm not much for the Volante, There are two very nice '12 DB9 sport packs just begging to be bought at a big discount. And sandwiched between them is a quickly depreciating Virage who's only crime is some unfortunate wood trim (which I imagine can be switched, no?). And yes, of course there's a drool inducing Vanquish too, but that's out of my range for the time being.

Then, to top things off (and bring me back OT), Philip mentions that he's likely brining in an '09 DBS with under 9k miles. GULP!

Much as I love my Vantage...

Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^ So there's a Vanquish at the showroom right now? Maybe I need to take a trip to the dealer to visit my buddy Phillip. I drove the white one they had for a few days last month.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
^^^^ So there's a Vanquish at the showroom right now? Maybe I need to take a trip to the dealer to visit my buddy Phillip. I drove the white one they had for a few days last month.
Yep. Black w/ yellow callipers on black w/ loads of yellow stitching. Too much stitching IMO. The coarse seams would be fine but the quilting stitching is just too fussy looking.

According to Philip, they've already sold a few (3 I think) and they're not allowed to sell the one on the floor unless another is there to replace it. I guess the home office wants to be sure there is one in every showroom.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Yep. Black w/ yellow callipers on black w/ loads of yellow stitching. Too much stitching IMO. The coarse seams would be fine but the quilting stitching is just too fussy looking.

According to Philip, they've already sold a few (3 I think) and they're not allowed to sell the one on the floor unless another is there to replace it. I guess the home office wants to be sure there is one in every showroom.
they say that but I guarentee you if somebody walked in with a gwap of cash in hand that car would be gone...and the factory would smilingly send a replacement.

Vanq has a ton of stitching in some deviated color pallate instances like yellow I agree it's too much.

Do you guys have any pics?

Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
We're got 3 here, are demo is the volcano Red..and then 2 clients car's that arrived, haven't done my PDI's on the clients car's yet(blue and a green one)

Old 03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
they say that but I guarentee you if somebody walked in with a gwap of cash in hand that car would be gone...and the factory would smilingly send a replacement.
I was at the dealer yesterday. I spent a lot of time talking to Phillip about that car. He was very frustrated because one person offered him $10K over sticker this week to take immediate delivery of that car and he had to turn it down. In the meantime, he took two orders for new cars this week and was told by the factory it would take until August to deliver them. So "smilingly send a replacement" might not be possible if there are no cars to send.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Do you guys have any pics?
Here you are:

Attached Images         

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well crap.