Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Stupid stuff people say about your Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Benjamin09 is infamous around these parts
I love the comment "I'd rather buy X car" as X being a Ferrari, Lambo, a different model of an Aston or whatever.

Well my response is "Go right ahead, let me start looking on Autotrader right now for you! OH here is one for sale! Want me to call them? OH okay you want to call them later in the privacy of your own home. Well see you later, maybe next time you will have that car."

Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my perspective:

Not the most expensive (always something more expensive no matter what you drive...), not the most recognized(everybody recognizes an f-car, P-car or whatever...), not the fastest (always something faster than what you have.....), doesn't scream, I have mo $ than you (AM are very much a discrete sportscar as not many people, short of enthusiasts know what they cost let alone what they are), doesn't automatically put you in the logo-shirt wearin group that the some consider stereotypical sportscar ******bags!

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I HAVE ONE!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Best to all!

Last edited by LRDog; 05-02-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Removed some of the more colorful words....
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Malibu101481 is infamous around these parts
I've gotten everything from: "You still got to pay for parking with that thing" to: "Bet it must **** you off the Jaguar stole your design"

Nothing really negative though, just me thinking that the person making the comment is an absolute moron.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Benjamin09 is infamous around these parts
I was out of town this weekend for the NRA convention. My girlfriend had it out this weekend and was asked if it was the new Camaro design...

Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I keep getting phone numbers slipped upder my wipers...just the other day i had a red lace thong strewn accross the windshield with a note "I'll be your ***** galore!" !

Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM
niidawg3 has a spectacular aura aboutniidawg3 has a spectacular aura aboutniidawg3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
I keep getting phone numbers slipped upder my wipers...just the other day i had a red lace thong strewn accross the windshield with a note "I'll be your ***** galore!" !
OMG ... that's epic ... lol!!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
yea right

Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oo7
Yes, the " how much does/did it cost?" Also very ackward when someone asks/says the monthly payments must be huge and you respond you don't have any. Ussually say I saved a long time for it, which is the truth. I mistakenly expected evry one to know beacause of the movies, but they are much more rare than i believe we think, due to our familiarity. I was in a SB at Univ of De and it was weird. People would walk by and look at and have a puzzled look, then a crowd taking pictures, then the "inspectors" that required a trip out of my seat to my car, innocent but still makes me nervous, I can only imagine what it would be like I'd it were red!
Have you seen my car around UD campus? We own a business in main street which I'm usually at on Fridays.

I get a lot of funny looks, pics, and pointing driving down Main Street, which is usually flooded with college students. Perhaps because I look like a college student sometimes.

The best is this story:

Random Scrubby Towney: "Yo, sick car, what do you do for a living."
Me: (Usually don't tell strangers my real profession, so I make up the easiest thing): "I'm into stocks."
Random Guy: "Oh, wurd, can I have a job?"
Me: "Uh, sure, what do you know about stocks?"
Random Guy: "What do you mean? "Like how hard can it be to stock shelves and stuff."

Laughter ensues.

Last edited by CJPatel; 05-06-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM
oo7
oo7 is infamous around these partsoo7 is infamous around these parts
Sunir, PM me where you park. HAHA! CJPatel, I'm at UD three times a week in the mornings and usually drive my AM weather permitting my plate is PA, "QUIK TRN". Get lots of looks from students AND faculty. I like watching people check out my car when I'm at the SB's across from panera

Last edited by oo7; 05-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oo7
Sunir, PM me where you park. HAHA! CJPatel, I'm at UD three times a week in the mornings and usually drive my AM weather permitting my plate is PA, "QUIK TRN". Get lots of looks from students AND faculty. I like watching people check out my car when I'm at the SB's across from panera
I'm always at the Starbucks on Main! By always I mean every Friday, around 10am. I was a student on campus (graduated in 2008), but have you seen my Vantage? People have sent me pics of yours, haha.

Unfortunately, I won't be around on Main Street too much with the Aston since its' new buyer is picking it up on Saturday. But look out for my BMW 335i, plate "Canon" or "5697" (just bought low digit tag, will be putting on in a few weeks)

Canon

Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oo7
..... I like watching people check out my car when I'm at the SB's across from panera
...glad to see vanity is alive and well amongst the fufu coffee brigade LOL

FF

Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FatFrank
...glad to see vanity is alive and well amongst the fufu coffee brigade LOL

FF
hahaha I take my coffee bitter and black from the local gas station!!! !!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
bitter and black from the local gas station
That's how I like my women

Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM
oo7
oo7 is infamous around these partsoo7 is infamous around these parts
Haha! More curiosity and entertainment, vanity would be leaning against my car sipping my drink while people walk by. And yes I am the Starbucks poster child

Old 04-17-2022, 07:46 PM
Argus is infamous around these parts
I have heard all the Bond references. But one day at a gas station a kid maybe 10 to 12 asked his father what kind of car is that. The kid’s father said it was a selfish car. I didn’t say anything and just let it go while they got back into their mini van. The kid kept looking as they drove away and the father just gave me a dirty look. I kinda felt sorry for the father. Not sure why but I did.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stupid stuff people say about your Aston Martin