Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

has anyone seen a pic of a different colored roof on a AM V8V Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Pepperspray is on a distinguished road
has anyone seen a pic of a different colored roof on a AM V8V Coupe

with the increased use of wraps, I'm curious if anyone has seen a two tone AM V8V Coupe such as with a black top?

Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
I just met a guy here locally who has a 2006 vantage coupe, bright silver with a black roof, black mirrors, black mesh, and a black grill. Looks pretty menacing. With the black on the roof panel and his tinted glass the car visually looks lower. Ill see if I can get him to send me some pics tomorrow that I can post.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
i believe that's now a factory option for at least the V12VS, if not the whole Vantage range. some other cars do it, too, many by leaving the carbon fiber roof unpainted (like the E92 M3).

Old 06-18-2013, 10:37 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
This week's AutoWeek V12VS

I have had two bright yellow cars in the past.. never thougth it an Aston color... but with the black roof & grill looks impressive. Prob not for me tho.
Good to know its just a 'tick' less than $200k...

Attached Images  

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 06-18-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
phun-ky is on a distinguished road
Anybody knows what it would take to actually remove (and replace) the roof on Vantage? I'm looking into a carbon fiber replacement...

Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phun-ky
Anybody knows what it would take to actually remove (and replace) the roof on Vantage? I'm looking into a carbon fiber replacement...
i'm guessing it's like most cars... the roof would have to be cut out, then replaced.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 AM
mikes300 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phun-ky
why on earth would you do that? you need that rigidity, just skin it with a wrap or something.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Cut off the roof? Oh man, that's a MAJOR deal on a car. Been there, done that (due to a deer strike on an M3). If you want real carbon fiber for the looks, you can have it laid over the existing roof and bonded to it. Won't be cheap, but will be way better than cutting the roof.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM
phun-ky is on a distinguished road
Thanks for feedback guys. I'm looking into it as part of a weight saving project. The idea was to replace the roof with CF shell with helmet humps (a la V12 Zagato). An AM tech told me the roof may be actually bonded in place. The replacement roof would of course have to meet or exceed the original rigidity specs.
It looks like a major headache and not worth the pain...

Old 06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
Neat idea in concept but I think the steps you would have to take and expense would be understated if described simply as "expensive." For the cost and effort there would likely be more effective ways to shave weight.

As for the look... Well- I'm not normally a wrap guy but in this case I would consider it way before cutting and grafting a new one in place.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 PM
turboti is on a distinguished road
You could buy a convertible V8V and get a Carbon hardtop roof. Probably be safer and cheaper than cutting into a coupe.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by turboti
You could buy a convertible V8V and get a Carbon hardtop roof. Probably be safer and cheaper than cutting into a coupe.
Nice idea
Never seen one though
Not sure how you'd secure the rear to the body

Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 AM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
I like the idea in theory. At speeds above 70mph, that giant sucking sound you'll hear will be your diminishing resale value.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:08 PM
turboti is on a distinguished road
For a CF roof for a convertible it would have to be custom made of course but since it is Carbon, there are places that can do it.

You would make it so it is a removable hard top, for example the many that are available for S2000:
https://www.google.com/search?q=carb...rdtop&tbm=isch

Since you can remove it, it shouldnt harm resale. It might even be very sought after since it should work on any convertible Vantage.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:11 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Instead of cutting the roof a carbon fiber OVERLAY would do the trick nicely. For resale have installer make it removeable!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: has anyone seen a pic of a different colored roof on a AM V8V Coupe