Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Grants book the definitive guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Grants book the definitive guide

Can anyone please guide me to how i can get a copy of Grants book the definitive guide to Aston martin.

I see on amizon they sell them for 900USD!!!! then they say 47USD!!! so all in im just confused, at 900 its a bit heavy co's i have to multiply it by 10 to get it in to our black man currency and thats very expensive?

So any pointers to online book stores that can take a cc will be most welcome

Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Great book.......nice mix of technical info and artistic interpretation. The best I've seen........

Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Got mine a couple days ago...already learned about how some wheel cleaners can damage CCM discs...I did not know this

Old 08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rscultho
Got mine a couple days ago...already learned about how some wheel cleaners can damage CCM discs...I did not know this
My CCM do not seem to throw much/any brake dust at all. Haven't used any wheel cleaner as there is no need to this point.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:12 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
I would really like to see some accurate production figures through the years, though. Seems to be a big secret.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Can anyone please guide me to how i can get a copy of Grants book the definitive guide to Aston martin.
I see on amizon they sell them for 900USD!!!! then they say 47USD!!! so all in im just confused, at 900 its a bit heavy co's i have to multiply it by 10 to get it in to our black man currency and thats very expensive?
So any pointers to online book stores that can take a cc will be most welcome
Apologies about that, I believe the Amazon official listing for the book was down for a few hours, it was all back up and running shortly after your post, so you can order at $47 on Amazon, or a bit less via the books direct website ( above)

Originally Posted by DonBond
I would really like to see some accurate production figures through the years, though. Seems to be a big secret.
We do quote some annual production figures in the guide, but not an annual list, only because we believe they are not very relevant without a full split by model and country. It is hard enough to get official production figures let alone any break down of this and the world split of total production has changed a lot from mainly UK to more of a Worldwide spread.

We are looking at including approximate total production numbers by model using VIN data, but this wouldn't be an official count. The guide is evolving all the time in line with enthusiasts requests for more detail, so we will look into this in more detail.

Meantime please find below the approx total production figures.... Yours is but to ask

2005 - 4450
2006 - 6500
2007 - 7,400
2008- 6,400
2009 - 4,000
2010 - 4,250
2011 - 4,200
2012- 3800