Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone from here move to a Lamborghini?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by AudiBull
Yeah, their V12's are so unreliable that they are routinely swapped for a small block Chevy...Oh wait, that's Jaguar. Saying ALL lambos are lame is laughable. If you look at a Miura and think it's lame, or hear a Murci V12 at 8k and think it's lame, then there is no help for you.
Hey now... that was years ago... or around the same time Jag started supplying V8's to Aston?

The new Jag 5.0 is a great engine

There is always going to be something faster or someone that can driver better... but those high revving Italian engines do sound like nothing else. They almost got me to go Maserati for the sound alone (I know its a Ferrari engine and not Lamborghini ...)

Now the Countach was great only on posters and was a laughable car! HAHA!

Old 10-03-2013, 11:58 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Should have been more specific, since the thread is really regarding the Galllardo, which is lame (as is the wannabe R8 with V10). I would buy a Miura or 400GT in a heartbeat. Diablo, Murcielago, Aventador OK. Countach...another Lamebo.
Again, interesting... As the Gallardo is my favorite model so far (even above Aventador), and my wife and I both prefer the R8V10 to the Lambo's. She said she would not enjoy driving the Lambo everyday, and prefers the interior and exterior of the R8. She is fine with the V8 as well (but I prefer the V10).

Maybe we are both lame...

As far as switching from Aston to Lamborghini... That's like asking,"Should I sell my Lexus to buy a Corvette?" Two completely different philosophies. It depends on the goal of your enjoyment or use. I'd like to have both.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 10-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I'd like to have both.

That reminds me... I heard one time that you should have a woman that cooks, a woman that cleans, a woman that is pretty to take out and a woman that is fun to go on vacation with. Most importantly they should never meet.

It is impossible to find EVERYTHING in one car. (unless you visit an M3 forum)

Last edited by R_Rated; 10-03-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by R_Rated
That reminds me... I heard one time that you should have a woman that cooks, a woman that cleans, a woman that is pretty to take out and a woman that is fun to go o vacation with. Most importantly they should never meet.

It is impossible to find EVERYTHING in one car. (unless you visit an M3 forum)
I enjoyed all aspects of this post. Perfect!

Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Again, interesting... As the Gallardo is my favorite model so far (even above Aventador), and my wife and I both prefer the R8V10 to the Lambo's. She said she would not enjoy driving the Lambo everyday, and prefers the interior and exterior of the R8. She is fine with the V8 as well (but I prefer the V10)
I agree with pretty much all of this other than the fact that I still hold most of the V12 cars on a pedestal. The Gallardo is way up near the top though. One comparison that I always have in my head is with the Carrera GT. Same engine configuration, similar weight,power, performance numbers, etc. Yet somehow the CGT is considered one of the halo supercars ever made (I agree with this by the way) while the Gallardo is looked down upon because it is "missing" two cylinders. I don't get it.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:08 PM
RobSpyder will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I have loved all the car brands mentioned and dreamt about owning all of them. But having owned a modded GT2 for a few years now and having some seat time on a track and road in ferrari's, lambo's and mclaren's, I only really want one of them anymore. The Mclaren MP4 is the only car I would sell my GT2 for. I have different wants from my cars though, primarily focused on performance first. Lambo and Aston's would come last on my list of the exotics mentioned. Specifically when I drove a 458 and Scud, I was thrilled and in a state of pure lust. Recently I spend 8 hours on a track driving all the lambo models; regular gallardo's, Superlaggera's, and the Aventador. They were all fun and gorgeous cars with good performance, but not at the same level of excitement as the Ferrari's. Aston's are just gorgeous machines, but too damn slow. Would love to pick up a used DBS manual trans for half its original price, but could get so much more car for that money. Still don't understand why they were selling for 300k new. I would get a used 599 instead, not as gorgeous but everything else is better IMO.
12C > 458? Kind of surprising. Can you give some opinions of both against one another? I'm hoping to drive them back to back shortly.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:51 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RobSpyder
12C > 458? Kind of surprising. Can you give some opinions of both against one another? I'm hoping to drive them back to back shortly.
The 458 is more visceral, funner, sounds better and looks amazing. The MP4 is faster and handles better. I would love to own the 458, but would hate the attention it would get. The MP4 is more subtle with the attention it gets.

They both started out costing the same but you could pick up a similarly used model of an MP4 for almost 100k less than a 458.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
They both started out costing the same but you could pick up a similarly used model of an MP4 for almost 100k less than a 458.
And that tells you all you need to know. I would take a 458 over an MP4 any day of the week.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Banned
The 458 is more visceral, funner, sounds better and looks amazing. The MP4 is faster and handles better. I would love to own the 458, but would hate the attention it would get. The MP4 is more subtle with the attention it gets.

Oddly enough I just watched a top gear episode with the 458 and mp4. The mp4 was better on paper in every way but they all preferred the 458.

The mp4 is only better if you're getting paid for lap times.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Oddly enough I just watched a top gear episode with the 458 and mp4. The mp4 was better on paper in every way but they all preferred the 458.

I love it! This thread about Aston -> Lamborghini turns into Ferrari vs McLaren.

Their banter on a TV show may appeal to many (I enjoy the program as well), but that is like telling everyone how to eat their steak (not just done-ness, but seasoning as well). I'd consider both of them cut from the same section, cooked in a similar manner, just seasoned differently. It comes down to preference. And nobody is wrong.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:26 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
And that tells you all you need to know. I would take a 458 over an MP4 any day of the week.
Valid point. Lots of reasons of why this happened, not sure which is true nor do I care. It comes down to my experience with them and which I would rather have, also the price difference is a plus in my book(s).

The day that my friend and I drove them both on the track in the same day, we asked ourselves this same question. After many minutes of deep thought we both thought the 458 would be the funner car and the one we would probably choose. Since the difference was less than a percent in favor for the 458 in our opinion, the 100k difference and less attention make it more appealing to me.

I love it! This thread about Aston -> Lamborghini turns into Ferrari vs McLaren.

Their banter on a TV show may appeal to many (I enjoy the program as well), but that is like telling everyone how to eat their steak (not just done-ness, but seasoning as well). I'd consider both of them cut from the same section, cooked in a similar manner, just seasoned differently. It comes down to preference. And nobody is wrong.
Car forums, if a thread lasts long enough it always goes of topic. You're only wrong if you buy a hyundai or kia

Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The MP4 is more subtle with the attention it gets.
Until you open the butterfly doors, then the MP4 gets a lot more attention.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Until you open the butterfly doors, then the MP4 gets a lot more attention.
That's right, I would have to never open the doors out in public
I actually think the MP4 is gorgeous, don't know why there is a lot of talk about it looking boring or dull.
Also forgot to mention that the seating position and view from the ****pit is better than any other car I have ever driven.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:49 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I test drove a 12C for well over an hour before choosing to go Ferrari and the ride in the McLaren was amazing! Easily one of the most composed exotics I've driven. The driver's position (as mentioned) is also confidence inspiring. I was very impressed with the drive. I wasn't a fan of the doors and I'm not a fan of needing to fall into street cars which you have to do with the 12C, similar to a Lotus Elise/Exige.

For looks, I like the 12C but the front end is way too dull and tame. If they put a splitter on it and matched it better to the GT4 car, I think it would go a long way in improving the aesthetics.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by RossL
I test drove a 12C for well over an hour before choosing to go Ferrari and the ride in the McLaren was amazing! Easily one of the most composed exotics I've driven. The driver's position (as mentioned) is also confidence inspiring. I was very impressed with the drive. I wasn't a fan of the doors and I'm not a fan of needing to fall into street cars which you have to do with the 12C, similar to a Lotus Elise/Exige.

For looks, I like the 12C but the front end is way too dull and tame. If they put a splitter on it and matched it better to the GT4 car, I think it would go a long way in improving the aesthetics.
Excellent review. Tell me more of what you liked better about the SCUD?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone from here move to a Lamborghini?