Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new V8V owner here :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 PM
action-ant is on a distinguished road
Hi Prefurbia,

Thanks very much for the dealer guide on the Sportshift. (I was wondering what that pump sound was when opening the door!) Looks like the guide does not mention anything about shutting the car off and repeating start/wait 10 secs/shutdown cycle 2-3x. It even recommended lifting off the gas between shifts for smoother shifting. Thanks a ton for this!

Duane, I have a friend who have two Maserati's and now an F430, and he recommended against the V8V, citing reliability issues. I live in the bay area, and Porsches here are about as prevalent as Prius'. I love how Porsches drive too, but hate seeing how common they seem to be here (one day I will get one). The Aston is a beautiful machine, and even though I just picked this car up recently, I am willing to put up with her quirks. Must be something to do with the beauty part.

I look forward to tracking this car in the future (going to Thunderhill in a few weeks to drive a GT-R), and will definitely ping you and others on how these Vantages perform and what to look out for (should I upgrade brakes, tires first, etc). Soon, I will start with basic mods (springs, exhaust, intake) and I'm sure I will fall down a slippery slope and empty my bank accounts in no time.

I discovered the mirrors have "Volvo" written underneath them. I can't wait to find out what parts on the car are compatible and shared with other brands!

Thanks guys,

Anthony

Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
clutch kiss sound

For me it's not a consistent sound, sometimes a slight noise other times more noticeable, hard to describe. Nothing in the dealer guide says anything about shutting any electrics off, it's just that with other things running it's hard to hear a click. This is why I take my time getting adjusted and settled, then it seems fine even if I can't actually hear the sound.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Grant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really niceGrant3 is just really nice
Congratulations on joining the exclusive Aston Martin club action-ant, now where are those photos.....

Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by action-ant
I have a friend who have two Maserati's and now an F430, and he recommended against the V8V, citing reliability issues.
Maseratis more reliable than the V8V?????

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for the brief absence from the forums. To make up for it, here's a pic of day 1 with the car. Btw, I am selling the factory wheels and tires with appox 3500 miles (no rash, dents, etc) in case anyone is interested.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2_zps7a72b3d7.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	318412  
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
And since day 1...I've added H&R springs, HRE wheels, pulled fuse 22, and had it detailed, two corrections, and coated with Opti-coat Pro by Jeff at http://www.immaculate-reflections.com.

In the future, hoping to do cats, ECU tune, TCU remap. Also maybe a track day at Laguna or Thunderhill. Wish me luck.

Have a good one fellas!

Ant

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1472845_10152124860119432_1152105719_n_zps7dd26e33.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	318417   Click image for larger version

Name:	1513227_10152124860074432_443792027_n_zps8bc7e30f.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	318418  

Last edited by action-ant; 01-07-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Hot damn, the wheels and springs completely spiced up that car. Looks fantastic!

Old 01-07-2014, 05:10 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by telum01
Hot damn, the wheels and springs completely spiced up that car. Looks fantastic!
+1 ....Looks Great

Old 01-07-2014, 05:34 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
A-A What a transformation. That detailing is amazing. How have the new springs changed the ride? For better worse or the same? My Vantage S has "standard" not "S" springs and the ride handling combo is sublime... That said I do wish my car filled in the wheel wells like yours does. I think your next move should be the 200 cell cats with air filters supplied by Stuarts company. Keep the stock muffler before you decide on a new one. You will need to replace fuse22 though as it will be too loud. After 4000 RPM OMG!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!

The new springs are a tad bit stiffer than factory, but I like it. Definitely not jarring, seems a little bit tighter, and I have no complaints at all.

I've got my eye on the cats + filters. I have access to a dyno, so I'm hoping to be able to add a mod and get some before/after data. I am curious how much louder these machines get with an aftermarket muffler + high flow cats....hmm.

Anyone get the TCU remap and report back on shift performance?

Old 01-07-2014, 09:51 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
She is a beauty! Love the wheels and the stance now!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
She's a beauty, Ant! Don't know how I landed up here in the AM section, but I'm glad I did. Enjoy!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:38 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
A-A What a transformation. That detailing is amazing. How have the new springs changed the ride? For better worse or the same? My Vantage S has "standard" not "S" springs and the ride handling combo is sublime... That said I do wish my car filled in the wheel wells like yours does.
Considering he got new wheels and tires in different sizes, I suspect it would be impossible to determine how the springs affected the ride unless they were done at different times.

Looks very good (and shiny), though.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Looks so awesome! glad to see you didn't waste much time before modding it :P

Old 01-08-2014, 09:28 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by action-ant
Thanks for the comments guys!

The new springs are a tad bit stiffer than factory, but I like it. Definitely not jarring, seems a little bit tighter, and I have no complaints at all.

I've got my eye on the cats + filters. I have access to a dyno, so I'm hoping to be able to add a mod and get some before/after data. I am curious how much louder these machines get with an aftermarket muffler + high flow cats....hmm.

Anyone get the TCU remap and report back on shift performance?
I had the 200 cell cats + OEM rear muffler and it was a very good set-up. Not too loud under 4000 RPM then ARMAGEDDON from 4000 RPM on. All good fun at the discretion of your right foot. I then switched to a Milltek rear box which was great around town but droned @ highway speeds. I was about to replace that with a V12 Vantage rear box… but I purchased a 2013 Vantage S instead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new V8V owner here :)