Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new V8V owner here :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Thunderhill track day

PM sent...

Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 PM
marioV8V is on a distinguished road
Nice work! You nailed the stance perfectly

Old 01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
Anthony, glad to see the wheels on the car (as I was the one who sold you them). Looking forward to your future mods and hope you enjoy the car.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DonL
PM sent...
when did you get out to T-hill. I was instructing two guys, one in a DBS and the other a 997 turbo. got mine out for a lap or two also.
how was it. impressions?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:59 PM
action-ant is on a distinguished road
Thanks Double! And I really dig your new wheel replacements! Enjoy in good health friend!

Originally Posted by DoubleLow7
Anthony, glad to see the wheels on the car (as I was the one who sold you them). Looking forward to your future mods and hope you enjoy the car.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by XWCGT
when did you get out to T-hill. I was instructing two guys, one in a DBS and the other a 997 turbo. got mine out for a lap or two also.
how was it. impressions?
I've been enjoying Thunderhill with my Vantage since '09 - I must have over a dozen track events there. My conclusion is that I like it better than Sears Point (2nd) and Laguna Seca (3rd) - here comes the barrage !
The only disadvantage is that it is a "far piece" from the Bay Area. Sears Point (Infineon) is closer and is more challenging, but I think the facilities are not as "driver" friendly as Thunderhill. Laguna is owned by Monterey Parks and Rec. and they obviously don't spend much on driver facilities-other than those who can afford a "garage"...
I am looking forward to the opening of the "West" track at T"hill later this year - six or so miles per lap when both courses are combined.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 PM
BlueCrush is on a distinguished road
Those are some beautiful wheels, love the setup.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Wow- looking awesome! Very nicely done.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Welcome… And if you are ever planing on driving down the coast let us know and we will arrange a nice local AM welcome

Old 01-21-2014, 06:31 PM
PhoenixRising is on a distinguished road
Congratulations on your purchase!

I definitely recommend letting off the gas during shifts when you're driving normally. It really smooths out the 'lurch' from the tranny. When you're more aggressive, I don't worry about it. The shifts happen faster during more spirited driving and my clutch locks up great that way. Just don't gun it off the line. You'll smell burnt clutch for the couple blocks. Ouch!

If you're interested in exhausts, check out YT videos on the Quicksilver system. It's amazing. I had it on mine when it arrived. Unfortunately it was a little too loud for my style so it's sitting at my mechanic waiting for a new home! Also, look into either pulling fuse 22 or removing the vacuum lines from each side of the exhaust and plug up the vac lines for a HUGE improvement on the sound. Once again, YT is your best friend here.

Have a great time with your new baby!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments and helpful tips guys! Learning more about this car each time I drive it.

Man, this car is mesmerizing!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutSaturn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Maseratis more reliable than the V8V?????
05 Maserati Coupe F1
2013: front passenger control arm - $1800
2012: Water pump and heater core - $8700
2011: rear tie rod issue but still have to replace the whole control arm - $1800
2010: reverse switch + major - $4500
2009: clutch + bell housing + windows regulator - $9000

Saturn
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saturnsdrives/sets

Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM
PhoenixRising is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Saturn
05 Maserati Coupe F1
2013: front passenger control arm - $1800
2012: Water pump and heater core - $8700
2011: rear tie rod issue but still have to replace the whole control arm - $1800
2010: reverse switch + major - $4500
2009: clutch + bell housing + windows regulator - $9000

Saturn
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saturnsdrives/sets
Sweet Jesus. That's insane! I'm wasn't looking forward to a $5500 clutch replacement in 10k, but after seeing that I think I'm getting off lucky!

Old 02-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Bizzysmore is on a distinguished road
Sweet lookin ride Ant. My hat is off to you for taking quick action with your mods. I'm expecting to close my V8V deal this week and enter the newbie ranks

Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks man--congrats on your soon-to-be acquisition! I hope to install some cats and get some tuning in the near future. Will report back with dyno graphs.

Originally Posted by Bizzysmore
Sweet lookin ride Ant. My hat is off to you for taking quick action with your mods. I'm expecting to close my V8V deal this week and enter the newbie ranks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new V8V owner here :)