Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM
jcervera80 is on a distinguished road
2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Clutch Replacement

Hi All,

My clutch has been slipping but now it slips so much that I need to replace it soon. Not sure if Im going to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw-out bearing only or also add the flywheel to the list.

I have a local shop that will be doing the installation so I just need to find a place to buy it and get it shipped to me. I am having NO LUCK whatsoever online. Do any of you have any recommendations on what to get and/or where to get it??

Thank you all...

Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 AM
mingso is on a distinguished road
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcervera80
Hi All,

My clutch has been slipping but now it slips so much that I need to replace it soon. Not sure if Im going to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw-out bearing only or also add the flywheel to the list.

I have a local shop that will be doing the installation so I just need to find a place to buy it and get it shipped to me. I am having NO LUCK whatsoever online. Do any of you have any recommendations on what to get and/or where to get it??

Thank you all...
Sorry to hear that the clutch is going. I guess it happens to everyone eventually...

On a manual you can probably get away with having the flywheel re-faced, the sportshift is very finicky and re-facing can give problems getting calibration to work correctly.

The throw-out bearing is integrated into the slave cylinder. Not the cheapest part in the world but not the most expensive either. Definitely false economy not to replace that.

I have a couple of options available to you. Firstly, I can source you OEM parts at excellent prices (much better than parts counter cost.) The second is that I have one of these in stock at the moment if you fancy an upgrade over the OEM part: http://www.velocityap.com/ProductDet...ode=AMV8Clutch

Either way, I can help you out and I'm certain I can source you the OEM part at the best possible price. Shoot me an email: Stuart@Velocityap.com and we can discuss, or call me at the number in my sig.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-22-2013, 10:34 AM
jcervera80 is on a distinguished road
Thanks Mingso... I already put in a quote for shipping since it is coming from EUROPE. The total for parts only is below but waiting on the shipping quote. Was hoping to buy from a dealer here in the United States. These are all new OEM parts. The only thing lacking here is the throw-out bearing I believe.

So far for just the 3 parts:

- Clutch Disc with Pressure Plate
- Flywheel
- Flywheel Bolts

Grand Total: £1304.57 plus P&P

************************************************** ******************************************

Stuart,

That is a beautiful clutch. When I saw that picture I guess I felt like females do when they see the new model of Louis Vuitton or Gucci purses...LOL

I will reach out to you by email. THX