Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rear Boot (Trunk) button does not work

Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
Rear Boot (Trunk) button does not work

For some time the operation of the trunk release (external) button was intermittently not working, now it does not work at all. The switch inside the car works as does the remote FOB.

I am assuming it is the switch, but of course it could be in the wiring. Has anyone experienced this. I was considering just ordering the switch before pulling the car apart, how hard is it to remove? I did not see in the shop manual.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
It would not be the wiring, as if it were your fob and inside power release would not work. That leaves only the external switch itself. Intermittent followed by failure is a sign of dirty contacts, what you can do before ordering a switch is get some spray electrical cleaner and get that into the switch itself. Might fix it and its certainly cheap to experiment with.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:59 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I case anyone experiences this issue, I replaced the trunk button/switch ($125) and it solved all my issues. Replacing the part was very easy other than removing the four plastic trim plugs (mushroom push in trim plugs) on the boot liner. Irish, is there a special tool or technique to remove these?

Last edited by millsjq; 01-21-2014 at 03:08 PM.