Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

ahhhh!! emmission service light came on!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Timing the release of the buttons after the three flashes is critical. The first time I did it I was successful in about 3 tries. But the next time took me about 30 tries. If you don't hear a faint chime (similar to when you leave your lights on) then it didn't work.
Ill try that..... thanks... sounds like i was just doing it a little wrong.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Timing the release of the buttons after the three flashes is critical. The first time I did it I was successful in about 3 tries. But the next time took me about 30 tries. If you don't hear a faint chime (similar to when you leave your lights on) then it didn't work.
Well, you helped me do it in one time, after your guidance! Thanks. worked like a charm, right down to the little chime.
no more service required warning.

thanks again!

Old 12-10-2013, 04:26 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jmargolese
I just had mine go off as well after a hard day at the track on my last lap. Car was due for annual and inspection so it's at the dealer. Will update with what the issue is and repair.
Just heard from my dealer, the heat shield was not seats properly around my after market cats and headers, thus causing the o2 sensor to burn out and a few fuses to short. Hopefully, that's it, still waiting for more details.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:12 PM
RicoDB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 07 DB9 Sport with 27k on it. I have the typical AM battery issues. In fact it just happened to me last week. Battery went dead and "Emission Service" light went on. It has done it before.

IGNORE IT. Make sure your gas cap seal is clean and cap is tight. Drive it for a few hundred miles and it will go out on its own.

WORSE CASE is go into AM and have them reset the code. If it immediately comes back on you may have an issue but I'll bet you 3 beers it doesn't.

With respect to battery tenders, you can buy a fully electronic 2A smart charger for $40 at Canadian Tire... if your patient they go on sale every once in a while for $25. It has a cigarette lighter adapter and I plug it right into the cigarette lighter interface thing in the trunk... works like a jet!!!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...l#.U1hBFF6_fVk

Old 04-23-2014, 06:23 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Can someone clarify. Doesn't the emission warranty run for 8 or 10 years on all cars sold in the USA?

Old 05-28-2017, 07:32 PM
It just came on again!
I just put Shell gas in.. never did that before, (I don't know, superstition) and only put in 5 gallons.... the emissions light /warning went on. got home and did the service request warning removal process. right up to the little chime... but nothing changed..... maybe just drive it, fill the gas tank up and make sure the gas cap is on tight??
thanks
Mark

Old 06-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the procedure of holding the T1/T2 button with the Read button etc... for all Vantage models and years? I have an '09 with the emissions warning light on and I've tried various other procedures mentioned in another thread in this forum, with no success so far. It's not the gas cap, I checked it for tightness and also recently filled the tank to see if that would make a difference.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by zvez
Can someone clarify. Doesn't the emission warranty run for 8 or 10 years on all cars sold in the USA?
I checked with the local dealer and Federal Emissions warranty does run for 8 years or 80,000 miles from the date the car is put into service

Old 06-12-2017, 09:07 PM
i put some more gas in. light still on. cant find the error message with my obdII reader, only an old one for a low engine temp warming from a year ago. BUT, when i finally filled the tank all the way...............the warning light went out! so, is that the answer. the vantage doesnt like partial fills at the gas station?

Old 06-13-2017, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by XWCGT
i put some more gas in. light still on. cant find the error message with my obdII reader, only an old one for a low engine temp warming from a year ago. BUT, when i finally filled the tank all the way...............the warning light went out! so, is that the answer. the vantage doesnt like partial fills at the gas station?
I wish that woud've worked for me, I filled the tank and even washed the car and the light is still on.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Denver V8V
I wish that woud've worked for me, I filled the tank and even washed the car and the light is still on.
Wow washing the car didn't fix it! LOL. Do like my friend Norm and just put a piece of tape over the light.

Last edited by Gene G; 06-13-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:47 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I can't believe washing the car did nothing!

Old 06-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G
Wow washing the car didn't fix it! LOL. Do like my friend Norm and just put a piece of tape over the light.
Remember what the old timers would say when a car stalled and couldn't get it started?
Hit it with a hammer!
Amazingly it would often work. I was trying a more modern, caring way of accomplishing the same

Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
On the bright side...washing your car will help you forget the light as now water in your headlights and taillights...kidding...smile rough group on this site.

Actually like the tape idea...lol

Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
My 07 DB9 has the emissions light come on every time I drive in rain for long periods and it never has a code or at least a code my reader picks up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ahhhh!! emmission service light came on!!!!