Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2012 V12 Zagato for sale at AM of Washington DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I like the interior, but it must be a ***** to keep clean. Also, what the heck is this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7f44ca9e140271e53737c56c4d4ac773x.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	317558  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Ditto what Ross and Jay said. After five years of Aston ownership, I am still loyal to the brand and still invested in Aston. I also see myself picking up another Aston one day and have expressed on several occasions that I may well have purchased a V12VS had Aston mated a better transmission with it. Also, it is possible to have opinions on cars that you don't own. I see no reason why ownership is a prerequisite to participating on a forum.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jj525
Racer X, I did buy it!
Oops. Maybe it's to late but . . . congratulations.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
jj525 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I like the interior, but it must be a ***** to keep clean. Also, what the heck is this?
I make sure I'm clean when I get in!

That is a controller for the front, rear or side view cameras. Installed at Works Service as advertised on their website. We are exploring offering this at Aston Martin Washington.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:11 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I think a rear view camera is something that's REALLY needed on these cars, they are difficult to back into a parking spot when parallel parking, etc. Looks like a really clean install based on that switch. I just figured that was something exclusive to the Zagato when I first saw it.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:26 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RossL
Did I say something to offend you? I'm active on this forum because I'm an enthusiast of the brand, enjoy the conversation, and look forward to purchasing another one in the future. I'm also active on Lotus, Rossion, Noble, McLaren, and Ferrari forums. Let me know if there is an issue with my posting over PM and I'll do what I can to not offend. Or if others also feel the same as XJRS Owner I'll pickup my toys and leave. No harm is meant, only enjoy talking cars to car enthusiasts.
No, not offended in the least. I just find it amusing how much you Ferrari guys post on an Aston forum, especially one after another. As much as you guys did when you actually owned Astons...

Plus, with all those Ferrari and MP4 avatars, anyone visiting this forum would think they clicked on the wrong button by accident.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Plus, with all those Ferrari and MP4 avatars, anyone visiting this forum would think they clicked on the wrong button by accident.
Especially people with a forum name of XJRSOwner.

Back on topic. JJ525, congratulations on the Zagato! It's awesome to hear that a car so rare is local. Is the car fully federalized or does it need a special permit to register it?

Old 01-05-2014, 07:52 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drcollie
I think a rear view camera is something that's REALLY needed on these cars, they are difficult to back into a parking spot when parallel parking, etc. Looks like a really clean install based on that switch. I just figured that was something exclusive to the Zagato when I first saw it.
2013MY and newer cars include a rear camera.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Just remember, a picture is worth a thousand words. When I check a thread, all I see is pictures of Ferraris staring at me (and an occasional MP4). So, a user name ain't quite the same thing as an avatar photo....

Regarding the Zagat(o). I remember when JJ525 got it new over in the UK, there were lots of posts about on the PH forum. We all thought it was a great color and quite unusual for one of those. There was never any mention of any issue at all WRT bringing it over to the US.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
There have been a lot of unnecessary comments being posted lately. Let's go back to the basics:

1) If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
2) Current ownership of a car does not give anyone automatic expertise as to the workings of that car nor the company that manufactures it.
3) Not being a current owner of a car does not exclude a person from opining on a topic about that car nor the company that manufactures it.
4) Keep the personal attacks out of the forum. This is the internet, not Congress. There's no reason we can't behave like respectable adults.

You are welcome. Depending on weather it's off to cars and coffee next Saturday.
I'll swing by if the weather isn't horrendous. I desperately need to wash my car, though! Maybe it'll warm up to above-freezing temps so I can get a quick wash in before Saturday morning.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:40 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Just remember, a picture is worth a thousand words. When I check a thread, all I see is pictures of Ferraris staring at me (and an occasional MP4). So, a user name ain't quite the same thing as an avatar photo....

Regarding the Zagat(o). I remember when JJ525 got it new over in the UK, there were lots of posts about on the PH forum. We all thought it was a great color and quite unusual for one of those. There was never any mention of any issue at all WRT bringing it over to the US.
You seem to have blinders on since on this page alone there is a Lotus Esprit and motorcycle in avatars from 2 regular posters. The blinders are either jealousy or hatred toward Ferrari. Either way, I don't care and am done posting about this topic. If you want to continue, take it PM.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
I'll swing by if the weather isn't horrendous. I desperately need to wash my car, though! Maybe it'll warm up to above-freezing temps so I can get a quick wash in before Saturday morning.
I really wish Katie's wasn't so far from me at that early hour, otherwise I'd definitely swing by. Getting up at 5am on a Saturday isn't fair since it's my day off

Old 01-06-2014, 08:45 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I really wish Katie's wasn't so far from me at that early hour, otherwise I'd definitely swing by. Getting up at 5am on a Saturday isn't fair since it's my day off
It's a bit of a haul for me, too. It takes me 40-45 minutes to get there. I don't go very often because it's so early for a weekend, But I try to make it out there at least once in a while.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:44 PM
jj525 is on a distinguished road

Back on topic. JJ525, congratulations on the Zagato! It's awesome to hear that a car so rare is local. Is the car fully federalized or does it need a special permit to register it?
No federalization was required, imported under Show&Display exemption.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
No federalization was required, imported under Show&Display exemption.
Does that preclude you from driving it to any extent?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 V12 Zagato for sale at AM of Washington DC