Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM of Washington goings on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:18 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
AM of Washington goings on...

Found out this evening they are now a McLaren and Bugatti dealer.

They also had a Smurf Blue V12S Vantage in the showroom for the party tonight and fired it up briefly for the guests. Its a press car that belongs to Aston Martin NA so it won't be there long.

Good party tonight - and I was pitching the owners of the dealership HARD for an Aston Martin weekend at Virginia international Raceway in 2014 instead of just one day at Summit Point for a Driver's School.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drcollie
Found out this evening they are now a McLaren and Bugatti dealer.

They also had a Smurf Blue V12S Vantage in the showroom for the party tonight and fired it up briefly for the guests. Its a press car that belongs to Aston Martin NA so it won't be there long.

Good party tonight - and I was pitching the owners of the dealership HARD for an Aston Martin weekend at Virginia international Raceway in 2014 instead of just one day at Summit Point for a Driver's School.
That is the one I was thinking of. The owner's car has got to be the nicest spec Zagato you could possible create!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 12-12-2013, 05:08 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm happy to see them branching out but how realistic is it for 1 dealership to sell Aston Martin, Bentley, McLaren, and Bugatti in Northern VA? It feels like they are throwing ideas against a wall to see which sticks. Is Aston not profitable, so let's bring in McLaren?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:17 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I know that McLaren was looking to rent a small 'boutique' space in Tysons Corner a year ago, but it makes more sense for them to really align with a working dealership in order to service the cars if nothing else.

As for Bugatti, they told me they are not required to buy any inventory to have a dealership, and I've only ever seen one Veyron at Cars N Coffee, though there may be others in the area.

Here's a couple of cell phone photos from last night, including an un-skinned McLaren (the tub was very cool) and the press fleet V12S in Smurf Blue.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mclaren_zps59eb2a24.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	310693   Click image for larger version

Name:	V12S_zps8beba9cc.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	310694  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:16 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
That is the very same blue V12VS press car that I drove on the track last week.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
That is the very same blue V12VS press car that I drove on the track last week.
You must have burned the tires off it Karl, because they put brand new ones on it yesterday morning (Car has 4,400 miles on it as I recall).

Small world, eh? lol

Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	9f8e6935b0f6d4fe92f2b265d7d3bd02_zps51604afe.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	671.0 KB
ID:	310715   Click image for larger version

Name:	c6db4437e836bab0d2f2bd3a01dd3fff_zps04487cb6.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	764.2 KB
ID:	310716  
Old 12-13-2013, 02:50 PM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Went to get my tire fixed today at Motorcars of GA. They just started carrying McLaren too. They had about 4-5 on the floor by my count.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:07 PM
G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !
Do they still have that outrageous green/fox interior vantage in their used inventory? Love the look but they are quite proud of it.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:30 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
I don't think its there, otherwise I would have noticed it!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:49 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I have been contemplating chopping in my 9 for a 12c, trouble is my nearest macca dealer is over 200 miles away. If my local Aston dealer adds McLaren to its stable it might prove too hard to resist ........agh

Old 12-14-2013, 12:30 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
That was one of the deterents for me as well with the 12C. The Philly dealer offered free pickup and drop off if I bought one new. It was tempting but I'm happy I didn't bite with the resale values where they are.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
AM Long Island has been a McLaren dealer for a little while now, too.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:47 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FatFrank
I have been contemplating chopping in my 9 for a 12c, trouble is my nearest macca dealer is over 200 miles away. If my local Aston dealer adds McLaren to its stable it might prove too hard to resist ........agh
Call McLaren Philly. They will take care of anyone under and circumstance. They will arrange transit and roll out the red carpet.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:17 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaymoney
Call McLaren Philly. They will take care of anyone under and circumstance. They will arrange transit and roll out the red carpet.
Jay,
They are about 500 miles away from me, but do seem to have a much larger selection than the Chicago dealership that is 'only' 200miles away. I am a little uncertain as my interest may be being fueled by there being so many great articles about the 12c at the same time as my 9 is covered up in the garage for the winter. I will wait until I get my car out after winter, and if I still feel the same way after I've given the 9 it's first wax of the year, I will give McLaren Philly a call - or may even take the 9 for a drive over there.

How did you find insuring your 12c versus your Aston? The quote I got from Hagerty seemed about twice as much per year for me

FF

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AM of Washington goings on...